Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: First Digi Scrapbook Kit

Hi mightyfun,

I got really involved with the computer art stuff by doing clipart for computer crafters, many of whom are scrapbooks. You Digi Scrapbook Kit looks great to me. It's just as much art as anything else that takes creativity and thoughtful skilled execution.
    Aunt Betsy

I feel a little embarrassed. You are all right. The composition of a Scrapbook Digi Kit is art. I was only referring to art as in pictures, paintings...and so on. However, you're right that it takes creativity and a lot of thought to create a full package. I think it's a really fun art that provides a canvas for others to make their own creation on.

Thank you Mike for the ribbons, however I am looking for a way to make photo realistic ribbons and bows. The thing with digital scrappers is they want the element extras to look like something they would paste, or staple or stick onto a physical piece of paper. So ribbons, cardboard, stickers, and frames are always in demand. Thanks for the ribbon examples though.

Thanks to everyone else who has left such kind words.

I am really excited to where this might lead.

I wonder if the "Scrapbook Bounty" is still going on?

Jen

I agree with Betsy. This is very well thought out and coordinated. Well done.

Galloping Squirrel Ranch, Bend, Oregon, USA

Jen, how would one use your digital scrapbook kit. Are you hosting a site for digital scrapbook creations or are there already sites like that/

Just wondering
    Judi

The way it works is (not to this point in my career, but will be soon ) when you purchase a kit (usually for about $6.00) you get individual files for all of the papers, decorative elements, alphabets, numbers.. and so on as a download.

You then can use any of them on Xara to create a scrapbook page by cropping, layering... and so on. It's really very easy. I usually make a 12X12 paper and go from their, although I've also done it in regular 8 1/2 x 11 inch paper so I can print it myself.

I'll attach a page I did of my son's B-Day. It wasn't using my kit, but you'll get the idea.

There are a lot of digital scrapbook sites out there, and a TON of free kits available. Just Google "free digi scrapbook kits" and you'll be bogged down for a long time.

Jen
    http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k3...dleSession.jpg
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 30 June 2007 at 04:42 AM. Reason: Placed photo link in page

Galloping Squirrel Ranch, Bend, Oregon, USA

Okay, so you are creating kits essentially for printing. I was thinking of something like the SCRAPBLOOG site.

Your example shows a lot of creativity.

Judi

P.S. Print is the future. It never becomes obsolete by changing media technologies. Who is going to be able view the pictures you have burned to a CD 50 years from now?

P.S. Print is the future. It never becomes obsolete by changing media technologies. Who is going to be able view the pictures you have burned to a CD 50 years from now

That's very true. Not to mention there's nothing like holding a book of memories in your hand and flipping through the pages yourself. Viewing things on the monitor has a very detached feeling. Although it is nice having a backup copy burned on CD to give to grandparents and family in case of a fire or if your copy is ever lost. Then you can just print up a new page if you need it in the future.

Jen