Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default poser cr2 file flipped normals

Wow... interesting topic, huh?

OK, so I found some tutorials, read them through and through, then spent some time pounding my head on the desk, wondering what I am doing wrong. Now, here I am to ask for a little help. Here is the run down of software, in case I forget later.

ZBrush 3 - (didn't need the extra kidney)
    Poser 7 - (sold the unused spleen)
    AutoGroup Editor - (cheap, no hamburgers that night)
    ConCloth - (another no hamburger night)
    UVMapper - (free, yeah!)
    Photoshop 7 - (missed a car note or two to get that one)

So, here goes.

I take Poser, and convert my guy (Hiro) to an obj file then export/import it into ZBrush. Spend some time maksing the right parts, extracting the mesh, fine tune this and that to make it look right, then export it as an obj.

Next, I use UVMapper to set the UV's for texturing, guess I might have been able to do this in ZBrush, need to check that out.

Next, AutoGroup Editor to bring in the obj file that was exported from ZBrush and UVMapper, as well as the character file (Hiro) from Poser. Allow it to set the groups automatically. Save the obj that has the groups set up.

Now to ConCloth. Have it set for the character (Hiro), that the clothing is going to conform to. Have it use the obj file that was used in AutoGroup. Set the place for ConCloth to place it in the Poser directories, as well as give it a new name. Have ConCloth export the newly created cr2 file.

Seems so easy, well, not really... due to the problems that follow.

I go to Poser, place my character, then the time that all have been waiting for... double click the cr2 file that ConCloth set up, and............

Every stinkin' time, the file is flipped inside out.

I can see through the new cr2 item, almost like a ghost item. Rendering, it seems to default to whatever is set for the base color in the Material selecter tab.

I know I am slow, but, does anyonw know what the crud is not happening here. Something that I am leaving off, some step I might have missed. I am able to import the obj file, resize it and move it so that it fits on the character, then go and use the setup tab to get the bones in the correct alignment and all that. That seems to work, but the cr2 file seem useless to me.

Has anyone a suggestion, like I said, something that I am missing?

Thank you so much for the help.

-kmkenpo

Default Re: poser cr2 file flipped normals

Every stinkin' time, the file is flipped inside out.
    Before you export your model out of Zbrush, activate the flip faces switch in the export section of the tool palette.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Flip face.jpg 
Views:	281 
Size:	59.3 KB 
ID:	39205  

AAARRRRRRGGGGG.... you mean it was THAT simple? Man, there are times, I wonder if getting hit for a living is the best thing for me.

Thank you for helping, this saves a great deal of frustration.

-kmkenpo

AAARRRRRRGGGGG.... you mean it was THAT simple? Man, there are times,
    Its just part of the learning curve, enjoy it.

I wonder if getting hit for a living is the best thing for me.
    Sensei kmkenpo, perhaps you should take a course in self-defense.
    Last edited by Mike Bailey; 23 June 2007 at 04:47 PM.

hehehe... odd isn't. I spend a great deal of my life, learning to defend myself. Work up to a level of black that allows me to own a school and teach for a living, then spend most of my time getting hit in order to teach others how to strike an opponent, or to avoid getting hit themselves. Life is great, live it while you can.

thank you again for the help... very nice.

-kmkenpo