Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Yikes... I can't believe how dizzy I got looking at the page. I think that a slow glow would be much better... that is if you feel like you need to have some motion. I have heard that flashing lights on web sites tend to turn people off. On a good note thou... I very much liked every thing else. I loved the Xara logo and the simple color scheme. I liked the menu selections that were different colors. So I give it a 9 thumbs up... just lose that flash.

Gary, I wish Xara Ltd. would wise up and hire YOU as their in-house designer! I've seen two recent ads of theirs for XX in British design magazines, and, sad to say, they were NOT good ads, neither design wise nor technically (poor separations quality).

Your deft use of vector outlines is precisely one of the devices Xara should use in their ads and other material to show that XX is a VECTOR package, and not some kind of bitmap/3D program.

And much as I admire that Russian guy's "painterly" use of XX in making portraits, using that kind of illustrations - like they do in their startup-screen and God know where else - is VERY confusing marketing: it obscures XX's vector nature and conveys a bitmap program.

K
    K
    www.klausnordby.com/xara (big how-to article)
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/ (I was the first-ever featured artist in the Xone)
    www.graphics.com (occasional columnist, "The I of The Perceiver")

I would love to comment on an excellent clean, crisp home page......but I will abide by your wishes and disregard your request
    Eric
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I like the layout very much. Easy to read and I like the idea that scrolling isn't really necessary. It did seem to take longer to load though ... unless its due to traffic in general.

Nice touch, Gary.

Big thumbs up for the XaraXone, although in some cultures that's an extreme insult (not here, I hasten to add ;-)

I agree with Klaus (it had to happen!) about Xara's advertising / marketing. The sample images should make it clear what's good and unique about Xara X, not reproduce the sort of stuff that bitmap apps have always been able to do the hard way (Corel overcame this problem by fading from constructional outlines to finished image on their Heddy Lamarr box shot). Faced with a choice between two programs that produce similar photo-realistic images, I suspect the unenlightened will mostly choose the bitmap app they've heard of rather than the vector one they haven't.

Regards - Sean
    Regards - Sean

Many congratulations on the great improvements to the XaraXone, Gary. Love the animation. As others have said, Xara needs somthing like this to front their site.

It may be fading eyesight in one of my advanced years, or perhaps the way my graphics card is adjusted, but I find the unhighlighted links quite difficult to read. A little more black in the gray perhaps?

Tom

On my screen, everything seems very faint - all white and grey lines. Very little colour. Everyone else seems bowled over by the design so perhaps my computer isn't showing it right.
    Tony
    Tony

nice!

Hi Gary, long time no talky. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    Mark (aka theKeeper) here from "The PSG Handbook".

I really like that smart new design Gary. Quite "hip" i think. I'm not sure though where one visitor thought they were seeing "Flash"... i couldn't find any!? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    Perhaps the 'look/feel' of the design gave that impression.

PS: is that header logo/image really 97.5kb ?! hehee p

Take care folks, Merry New Year!!!

Mark...

Love it!

Will definitely have a go at the tutorial