Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Xtreme Pro 3.2 & Xtreme 3.2 Released!

Hi Bill, I have had errors on about 3 sessions so far all were something like illegal instruction could not access 0x*******

I should have noted down the exact message :blush: (next time I will do a screen dump of the error)

I am pleased to see NeilH's comments to us folks here in the real world. I work mostly on a Mac at home (as well as a PC w/ XARA/CorelDRAW X3) and have had Canvas installed previously. I was on the forum for that application also, only to see almost zero feedback from Canvas brass about the concerns professional Canvas users were making that were all heartfelt and real about the program. Until just recently they were told that NO upgrades were to be expected for Mac users. I still use CorelDRAW 11 on my Mac cause Adobe wants 1GIG OF SPACE! to install Illustrator and Inkscape doesnt behave well at all on either my Mac or PC.

I am not a professional graphics user, but I am pleased to see NeilH's comments to us folks here in the real world. I work mostly on a Mac at home (as well as a PC w/ XARA/CorelDRAW X3) and have had Canvas installed previously. I was on the forum for that application also, only to see almost zero feedback from Canvas brass about the concerns professional Canvas users were making that were all heartfelt and real about the program. Until just recently they were told that NO upgrades were to be expected for Mac users. I still use CorelDRAW 11 on my Mac cause Adobe wants 1GIG OF SPACE! to install Illustrator and Inkscape doesnt behave well at all on either my Mac or PC. So I will continue to view here to learn more about an awesome program. Way to go NeilH. Looking forward for the CD to arrive for my PC, since no one seems interested in developing Xara for the Mac platform. (not a gripe, just reality)

Chuck

Hi Chuck

Have you tried Parallels Desktop? Xara Xtreme Pro 3.2 (and previous) seems to work fine (altho' I haven't done any heavy duty stuff with it yet). You do need an Intel Mac though.

Best wishes
    Amanda