Thanks to the Xara Outsider for pointing me to this forum. I too am extremely disappointed with Xara's 'upgrade' offer. In the last few months I have upgraded to Xtreme Pro and bought Xara3d and to be asked for $54 plus VAT is an insult.

I wrote to support 6 days ago asking for fair play but haven't received a reply. Even NeilH (14 June) admits that Pro is only a few months old and owners might not want to upgrade so soon. Of course owners would prefer the best version but not at any price.

If everything in this thread is to be believed then Magix, whose products I have no interest in, have a lot to answer for. I never thought it was a good idea but had to give them the benefit of the doubt until they proved themselves - one way or the other. The original Artworks/Xara team must be cringing to know that their hard one customer base and all their efforts to provide a friendly user interface have been severely tarnished by this one act of greed. The number of very upset people and those with reservations on this thread show how many have been alienated by this unfair move; especially those who have already bought Xara3d.

I am voting with pocket. I won't be upgrading.