Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unhappy Why does my Xara webstyle 4 navbar disappear??

Hi
    Please help!! I am trying to set up a website for a friend who is sailing across the atlantic for charity.
    To help him out, I said I would do a website for him, to promote his venture. Why did I say I'd do it?!
    I've had nothing but grief!!
    The site itself has gone together really well (and looks really pro, though I say it myself! )
    My biggest problem is the navbar.
    I had it all nicely running through dreamweaver mx2004, no problems (or so I thought), uploaded it, and now it has totally disappeared!!
    I would really appreciate some help, as its so important that I get it working, as we are about to start farming the site out to potential sponsors!!
    Please help, as I am at my wits end now.

Default Re: Why,Oh Why Is This Happening?? Please Help!!

Hi

This is *usually* a path problem. Perhaps the path to the navbar from the pages has things like c://my documents - instead of being placed inside the site. Or perhaps the case is mixed which works fine in Windows but fails on a Linux server.

What is the URL?
    Simon
    ------------------------------
    www.tlaconsultancy.co.uk
    www.bricksandbrass.co.uk

Default Re: Why does my Xara webstyle 4 navbar disappear??

Hi
    I had a similar problem when I first started to use Webstyle with Frontpage.
    I was saving my webstyle project in a new Webstyle folder but then saving the project to the wrong location. When I previewed the pages in Frontpage/IE7 everything looked fine but the menus were not uploading with the site as they were not saved in the Frontpage website folder. When I re-saved the menu to the Frontpage created folder containing the site everything uploaded fine.
    Frontpage creates a folder in 'My Documents' called 'My Web Sites'. Within that folder are sub-folders for each new site. I just made sure to save my webstyle menu to the appropriate folder.
    I don't know for sure but this is most likely your problem as well.
    Derek

Default Re: Why,Oh Why Is This Happening?? Please Help!!

Hi
    I had a similar problem when I first started to use Webstyle with Frontpage.
    I was saving my webstyle project in a new Webstyle folder but then saving the project to the wrong location. When I previewed the pages in Frontpage/IE7 everything looked fine but the menus were not uploading with the site as they were not saved in the Frontpage website folder. When I re-saved the menu to the Frontpage created folder containing the site everything uploaded fine.
    Frontpage creates a folder in 'My Documents' called 'My Web Sites'. Within that folder are sub-folders for each new site. I just made sure to save my webstyle menu to the appropriate folder.
    I don't know for sure but this is most likely your problem as well.
    Derek

Posted this as an answer to your Menumaker question by mistake though the question and answer is most likely the same
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screen.jpg 
Views:	399 
Size:	170.9 KB 
ID:	39243  

I merged the two threads where the same question was asked.

The Menu Maker forum is for another Xara program and the question is specific to Webstyle.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

bill...............while you there i use a external hard drive to store my webstyle files on..........after a system restore the hard drive is now (I instead of (G when i try to open my files in webstyle it says 'failed to find the html file G:\........ is that because the hard drive is now showing a different letter? can i change the letter back to (G ?

that should read (I: ) instead of (G: ) ..................... the last smilie i meant to put there

Hi Suunto,

Yes you can change the drive letter. There are a couple of ways to do it, but using Computer Management will probably be the easiest.

Open Computer Management:
    1. Open Control Panel and selecting Administrative Tools then Computer Management.
    2. Click Start button and in then Run... type in the following text
    %SystemRoot%\system32\compmgmt.msc /s

You may need to expand the storage node in the tree in the left pane of the management console window.

Click on Disk Management.

In the right hand pane of the window right click the drive you want to change.
    Select Change Drive Letter and Paths....
    Click on the drive letter you want to assign to the drive.

Name:	disk-management.gif 
Views:	365 
Size:	22.5 KB 
ID:	39340  
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Hi Bill
    Thanks very much and Spooky's Girl, hope its ok to add to your thread

i'm stuck Bill, i can't see the drive to rename it? could you take a look please
    ps, i couldn't see your attached picture so maybe the answer was in there

Name:	harddrive.png 
Views:	391 
Size:	174.3 KB 
ID:	39341  

i just shut the browser, reopened one and could see the pictures, all done now, thanks very much for your help..........i've been looking for hours today trying to sort that, thanks again