Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: beautiful logo

Default beautiful logo

I wonder how difficult this is to accomplish in xara. I mean the first one. i came across this in a photoshop book, after applying some filters example 2 was created.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	example1.jpg 
Views:	475 
Size:	11.5 KB 
ID:	38644   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	example2.jpg 
Views:	477 
Size:	28.0 KB 
ID:	38645  

Default Re: beautiful logo

This is really easy. The hardest part (if any) might be to align the text around the circle. Shouldn't take more than 10 minutes really to create the black/white version. The silver looking one would be just playing around with plugins and/or bevels IMO.

Well, it's OK, but beautiful?.. no. :-(

Paul

Just playing around with the design concept in Xara Xtreme.

Name:	xarabetter.jpg 
Views:	430 
Size:	26.6 KB 
ID:	38646  

fantastic! I'll try to replicate that.
    do you have a xar file from this?

Quote Originally Posted by Wicky View Post
    fantastic! I'll try to replicate that.
    do you have a xar file from this?
    Surely, tis here. You may have to dis-assemble it to see how my tortured mind works.
    Attached Files Attached Files

The method to achieve the effect I used is to make your template first, then use the bump map to give the appearance of depth.

I did the "XARA XTREME PRO" on a black background in Arial Black I believe. Then I grouped both together and used the Bump Map to give the lettering depth.

I then beveled the rectangle. I inserted another rectangle (black) inside the bevel and used the Fractal Clouds to give it a "smoked" looked

I made the ellipse black into a circle (hold ctrl down while dragging out the ellipse.)

All text was given a white color before adding text to curve - hard to see, but drag around both text and ellipse to perform the text to curve.

I made the text to curve for the top, using the baseline shift (highlight the text first) to bring the text below the top margin of the black ellipse and added it to the black ellipse. Note: No line width for the empty ellipse so it will not show on the black ellipse. Then I used the align tool to align centrally and at the top.

The bottom text was done the same way, except right clicking after you align text to curve will show an option to reverse text so it will show up at the bottom.

The four lines were just blended from a cloned line and using 2 blends is sufficient to make four lines.

The shape in the middle is just a quickshape with 8 points (an ellipse.)

Then an ellipse was added in the center of the quickshape.

The lines, the quickshape and the inner (no fill) ellipse were aligned horizontally and vertically with the align tool using the large ellipse as the reference.

Then I just used the plug-in 3D bump map tool (with grey color) and the point light to make the highlights.

In the above method, I cloned the finished ellipse before I used the 3D-bump map tool and placed it on the bottom. Then I gave the 3D bump map completed ellipse on top and gave it a flat transparency so it would give the appearance of a convex button.

That's it...nothing to it.

I had a go at it. The first is all vector (or more accurately, all native Xara w/o any external effects). The second is done (rather quickly, after the basic shapes are made) with the Eye Candy / Chrome effect, which I think you could probably improve upon if you fussed with the settings more than I did.

Name:	TheBestJustGotBetter.jpg 
Views:	365 
Size:	50.3 KB 
ID:	38652  
    Last edited by StevenWWinters; 08 June 2007 at 08:40 PM.

Excellent Steven! I humble myself before your skill and artistry.

Well done Steve.

How about a hard one Wicky

Gary