Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brush tool

Hi,
    I like this new stroke option in Xara X, only one way to learn how to use it: The hard way! :-)

Try and try and try again! Guess here in the beginning it is okay to send in my "tries" LOL :-)

At a later stage I will "keep them to myself" meaning that you should yourself go and check my website to see what I am up to... :-) Or.. What do your think? Should we have a more dynamic gallery?

One thing which I find is a good thing with self-ruled (non-censured) galleries is - yes - no cencur! I have tried to send some.. well in many peoples eyes sexual drawings, but IMHO pictures of nacked women - which here in Denmark is no offence, but I have discovered that this world is of separeated opponions with this matter. :-)

No problem - I'll just put them at my own website :-) LOL Okay.. :-)

Here another "try" from my side:
    Inspired by an image in The Matrix (a great movie)

Cheers,

Sten
    Cheers,

Sten
    "Everything has two sides"

Thanks Egg. I did what you said and after many attemps made a brush. I had the same problem that Marcus did with setting the spacing, finally got one set to 18% I really don't know how I did it though.

By the way, how do you delete a brush after you make it? I have several really weird ones. I looked in the Help file but couldn't locate an answer.

Hope some of you have the forum bookmarked now that I/US is for sale and everything else is wiped out.

Thanks Judi

I thought about the same problem(ie hundreds of brushes) but it does'nt really exist. Once you close Xara and reopen it you are left with only the default brushes.

I would like to be able to save a particular favourite brush within the defaults however, but no one's come up with how to do this yet.

Regards

Egg
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

You can delete brushes in the line gallery as one of the right click options. Although you cannot delete brushes that are loaded in as defaults.

If you want to load your own brushes as defaults then make a .xar file containing one object created with your brush. Save this into /templates/brushes and it will be loaded when xara starts up.

Thanks for the tip diccon. I could'nt find any documentation on this issue.

Egg
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

The release version will include additional help on creating your own default brushes and how to delete brushes.
    Normally you don't need to manually delete brushes as unused brushes are automatically deleted on exit. But brushes are something you tend to play with to get just the right results and this can give a cluttered look to the list of brushes. Manual deletion is useful for tidying up.