Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Creating a gradient of colour and shape

HI All,

I have seen recently a few commercials on both telly and in the press/magazines for different companies who all seem to be using an interesting visual effect. They have a graphic of say a number of circles, say orange, on a white background and as you traverse the image form left to right the orange circles become white circles on an orange background. I've tried thinking about how I could do this, but I am absolutely stumped.... I'm looking for a graphics to display the effect I mean.... please bear with me...

Cheers
    Andy

PS
    There's a graphic on this sitehttp://www.soltron.us/ which shows the type of effect but with blues.
    Last edited by AndyD; 31 May 2007 at 12:17 PM.

Default Re: Creating a gradient of colour and shape

You might try a blend from orange to white for the objects and a blend or Linear fill for the background.

Xara can create a blend of up to 999 steps.

Gary

HI Gary,
    Will see if I can do something with your advice....

Cheers
    Andy

Quote Originally Posted by AndyD View Post
    HI All,

I have seen recently a few commercials on both telly and in the press/magazines for different companies who all seem to be using an interesting visual effect. They have a graphic of say a number of circles, say orange, on a white background and as you traverse the image form left to right the orange circles become white circles on an orange background. I've tried thinking about how I could do this, but I am absolutely stumped.... I'm looking for a graphics to display the effect I mean.... please bear with me...
    I did this for someone earlier this year as a an example of what was possible...

http://www.bamberger.plus.com/ogi01.jpg

There are two objects: the background, to which I applied a linear fill, white to red, and the hearts are just single images duplicated and grouped with a linear fill going the other way. Zara3D was used for the big heart.

I added more to the final version and it was printed by a mid-range photo printer onto glossy card. It looked very commercial.

Simple - less than 5 mins.

DocBambs

HI Doc,

It looks brilliant, and from your description it wouldn't be too hard for me to do what I am after....

Cheers
    Andy