Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Xara like program for web page mockup?

I think you are making this too difficult.

Create a line. Use the line. Duplicate the line and reuse it. It's a mockup.

If I were doing a mockup, I'd just make the linked text blue. Your client will get the idea.

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Create a line. Use the line. Duplicate the line and reuse it. It's a mockup.
    Yes, that's what I'm pretty much doing at the moment.

If I were doing a mockup, I'd just make the linked text blue. Your client will get the idea.
    Hm, yes, perhaps I'm thinking too complicated: IIRC it's the first mockup I ever made. Previously, I often started coding right away. BTW, no client, but partner.

But, I'll probably only create a detailed mockup of the one central page anyway. All other pages only need to be sketched by pencil at the moment AFAICS.

I've heard a number of people--mainly Gary--tell all those who have been asking for a simple text underline capability, why they are wrong to want it. Not too helpful.

What I haven't heard anyone say--in particular, no one from Xara--is why it hasn't been done after years of requests. Is this somehow so amazingly complicated that you can't include it for the substantial number of people who have said they want it? I hope Xara isn't intentionally keeping out a simple it because a few people have said we are wrong to want it. That would be a strange approach to feature development.

Even with the new Pro 3.2, with the ballyhooed rich text import, if you paste a paragraph that is bold, italic, bulleted and underlined, it carries through the bold, italics and bullet, but ignores the underline. I find this bullheaded.

How about it, Xara? Is there any coherent reason for not granting would would seem like a relatively simple request that many people have said they would find useful?
    ============================================
    James Riemermann
    MN Office of Tourism
    james.riemermann@state.mn.us

For travel info: www.exploreminnesota.com
    ============================================

Quote Originally Posted by jriemerm View Post
    I've heard a number of people--mainly Gary--tell all those who have been asking for a simple text underline capability, why they are wrong to want it. Not too helpful.

What I haven't heard anyone say--in particular, no one from Xara--is why it hasn't been done after years of requests. Is this somehow so amazingly complicated that you can't include it for the substantial number of people who have said they want it? I hope Xara isn't intentionally keeping out a simple it because a few people have said we are wrong to want it. That would be a strange approach to feature development.

Even with the new Pro 3.2, with the ballyhooed rich text import, if you paste a paragraph that is bold, italic, bulleted and underlined, it carries through the bold, italics and bullet, but ignores the underline. I find this bullheaded.

How about it, Xara? Is there any coherent reason for not granting would would seem like a relatively simple request that many people have said they would find useful?

Actually, that's a good point. With new text compatibilities, to be consistent, underlining should really be supported - especially as it's universal in all but the most basic of text editors.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    I find it invaluable, and well worth the price the whole Xtreme package alone, to be able to 'print' a website to PDF, import to Xara, and do page mockups for redesigns. It isn't always perfect but it usually only takes a couple of minutes to smarten things up - it has saved me literally days' of work.
    Daniel, I just want to acknowledge what an incredible tip this is. I've imported pdfs into Xara, but haven't done it with Web pages. I would typically just pull in a screen capture, but the pdf offers so much control. Thanks for a very worthwhile tip!!

Dave
    http://www.davelash.com
    Strategy | Innovation | Facilitation