Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: serif 3dplus 2

Default serif 3dplus 2

i have found this knew 3d software. i downloaded the free trial version. i am trying the use it, but i couldnt figured it out how it realy works. i couldn't find any demo movie that shows you how to use.

does anyone knows this software and used it?

if so please help me?

thanks

Default Re: serif 3dplus 2

I stopped using Serif 3D and other products years ago. They are poor performers and tended to lock up my computer with some sort of memory leak. And I have 4 gigs of memory!

Hi... most people within this specific 3D forum are using more broadly accepted 3D apps, such as say Silo, Wings, C4D, ZBrush, 3DSMax, SketchUp, LW, etc...

Perhaps doing a google would be of assistance to you

i have found this knew 3d software. i downloaded the free trial version. i am trying the use it,
    You probably should abandon this software, its not very popular. Download an intuitive easy to use modeler and get some experience with it.
    Try this one, http://www.sketchup.com/ , its free and easy.

i agree.. Serif gets points for putting out free versions. They were one of the first to do it. but, there are just too many better open source modelers.

as a beginner myself (who has looked at damn near everything), wings 3D would be my suggestion as being the best to begin with.

geo.

Yes, I totaly agree

For concept modeling, Wings3D is pretty hard to beat... I think that once one realizes some basics, and comes to grips with setting up and using hot keys, then wowsers, this app is a pretty durn fantastic freebie modeling app...

It was one of the first apps to have edge tools, it's virtual mirror is a solid performer, it has so many handy tools such as "bump", "put on", "select similar", "extract", to name but a few which I use on a very regular basis...

Don't let the sparce interface fool you, this little app kicks some serious butt on most larger apps when it come to box modeling those concepts out...