Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Magnifying glass

I followed Gary Priester's (May) tutorial on drawing a magnifying glass. I don't think it has quite the finish it should have. I got a bit stuck on getting the fills and transparencies of the handle right. Nonetheless, I feel it turned out quite good in the end. Thanks for your trouble Gary. Maybe now it's done I can go and have a shave and do a few of the other things I should have been doing all day

Would it be OK to show this on a couple of other forums? This would be accompanied by giving a link and due credit to the teacher of course.

Default Re: Magnifying glass

very good. You are right about the handle, but that is something that will come soon.

it is your work. you may do with it as you will.

geo.

I might have another go at the handle. I learned alot about making shapes today.

Actually, if I am allowed to be picky, the highlight under the glass should be smaller than the lens, as it concentrate the light... but this we can blame Gary, you just followed the tutorial - and you did an excellent job!
    Paul the Gnurfmeister!
    Home: http://www.gnurf.net/v3/ | My stuff for sale: http://www.zazzle.com/gnurf* | Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/pasoderholm

I think the shape of the handle is fine, Mart, but it lacks the level of 'believability" the lens has. it appears flat and the shadow seems out of place.

geo.

Looks very nice and I think you did a good job as you are probably new at this.
    Bruce
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Happiness is free for the taking, Please take some for yourself
    Artist For Hire

I wish you guys would please stop burning those poor ants!

Maybe now it's done I can go and have a shave and do a few of the other things I should have been doing all day!
    Heh heh. My mission is to keep us all from doing adult things

Nice job.

Paul - @#&^%(*&^%$!!!

Gary

Thanks for the feedback/remarks. I have had Xara Xtreme for a while but don't always give it the time that it needs to get good at drawing. That's why I'm pleased at turning out something. Not worth starting another thread for but here's another small thing based on the Workbook tutorial (Bevelled Cutout Shape). Just done as an exercise. The letters and numbers are relevant to another forum.