Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default ZBrush 3 released

Got mine this morning.

Attached is a modest 371,000 polygon head, I haven't played with the high res yet.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ZBrush Document.jpg 
Views:	385 
Size:	67.3 KB 
ID:	38052  

Default Re: ZBrush 3 released

Damn! I really need to win the lottery so I can retire and get back into the swing of things again.

Still haven't found time to get my Zbrush 2 license updated to install on my new hard drive
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Hey, nice looking head Mike Ya gotta love sculpting tools eh ...

Thanks for the info... ZB3... look forward to viewing some of your texturing as well... and maybe some info on what you find good bad and otherwise....

love to know which is the best way to go these days, zb3, and or mudbox.... or Modo3 which has also been announced to be released sometime maybe this summer....

Totally my story Bill.... durn hard drive won't load Windows, drive physical integrity is suspect, but Linux loads and works fine... so, my allowance is better spent somewhere else, like music stuff

Now it looks like I will have to go out and get a new drive, just so that I can update my license to ZB3 while the world still works on a 32 bit box...

Bill,
    Still haven't found time to get my Zbrush 2 license updated to install on my new hard drive
    Well, I think you've missed the boat on ZB2, if you have your original purchase info, go register for the upgrade, its free to registered users.

gidgit,
    mudbox.... or Modo3
    I hear good things about both, I don't have any personal knowledge about either.

and maybe some info on what you find good bad and otherwise....
    So far its fantastic. It will take some time to check out all the new goodies.

I just tried doing a mesh extraction, just paint a mask on existing geometry, and click, Lots of potential. See attached image.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pants copy.jpg 
Views:	321 
Size:	42.4 KB 
ID:	38083   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cloths.jpg 
Views:	321 
Size:	21.9 KB 
ID:	38084  

Cool

Would be really interested in knowing how it goes with importing say some .obj mesh created from within another app such as Wings, silo what have ya, and then creating a zsphere bone like structure to attach to said mesh for further manip for morph posing...

Would be really interested in knowing how it goes with importing say some .obj mesh created from within another app such as Wings, silo what have ya, and then creating a zsphere bone like structure to attach to said mesh for further manip for morph posing...
    The Transpose feature uses an action line for manipulating the mesh.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Mike Bailey; 20 May 2007 at 06:18 PM.

Hey, wow... is that like some super precise magnet tool, or are there zspheres attached and hidden ? really nice stuff, thanx Mike