Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Latest news

Hybrid View

Default Re: Latest news

Quote Originally Posted by GeoBen View Post
    I am still hoping for a version of XX that has SVG im/export and improved EPS im/export. the ability to exchange and USE the images that i create are important.
    <--clipped-->
    I just wanna draw and get my drawings into a format that I can use.
    +1
    Jed

I for one (bitmap artist) would be happy with a kick-ass vector program,
    I am a bitmap person, learning vector and so far, XXP wins my vote for that. It DOES exceed XX with new exporting options that made finally my printer not grunt and roll his eyes at what he was given. (THANKS XARA!).
    -Samantha
    "Try to live your life so that you wouldn't be afraid to sell the family parrot to the town gossip." Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

I too am a bitmap artist that uses vectors, rather than the other way round, and xara is my vector program - together with inkscape they do all I need.
    It will take some serious new features to make me part with cash to upgrade - say enhancements to brushes or vector fills, but not messing about with bitmap features that I prefer to do elsewhere.
    I hardly ever use xpe - and as for the magix photo clinic, nice program though it is, compared to a real pixel editor its still in kindergarten.
    I really can't see worthwhile new features for pro arriving in the near future - look at the time scale - unless of course they've been in the pipeline for a while...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

I have a feeling, steve, that I will migrate to InkScape full time rather than the next version of Xara, more's the pity. XARA is small and fast, Inkscape is bigger and slower (and i dislike the linux multi-desktop interface... hope someone writes a 'deweirdifier' as they have for GIMP), but it is concentrating on vector and vector only. It think it is headed toward being THE standard, especially for web design, with its excellent (and default) SVG output.

it is always said when a great love affair approaches its end (*sniff*).

geo.

Geo

Inkscape is faster in the new development version.
    Personally I don't find the UI a problem, but I'm used to linux.
    Let's hope, as has been expressed here frequently, that pro takes the 'vector' route - and xtreme the 'all things to all men' [we all know where that leads..].
    12 month ago if told I could only have one vector program it would have been xara no question.
    Now?
    It''s wide open.
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Just wanted to add a +1 of my own to the "keep XXP a lean, mean vector editing machine" sentiment. Also, thanks to a couple of people for giving words to what has been bothering me about this (and which I could not articulate myself): Magix Photo Clinic is probably a fine applciation but I don't want or need a bitmap editor in my vector package. I never use XPE as it is...

I keep considering Inkscape, but haven't yet made the plunge. Having seen this I'm definately going to download it whenthis tool appears in a stable version;

http://www.inkscape.org/screenshots/...int-bucket.png

This looks really good. Does this result in a vector object as the fill?
    Last edited by MarkMyWords; 03 May 2007 at 02:23 PM.