Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Defaulting "Area to Save" to "Page"

Quote Originally Posted by Nuno View Post
    Today I received an update to this thread, more than eight years after I created it!
    At the time I thought this would be an easy fix, without workarounds... I created an autohotkey macro to avoid doing that operation hundreds of times.
    AHK FTW! I love AHK! I've used it to "fix" software deficiencies as well.

I create hundreds of "Screensavers" that are distributed to 7 stores and eventually displayed on 1080p TVs around the stores on usb sticks - Low tech but works.

My default page sizes are 1920 x 1080 and my templates have various logos and often repeated objects in the Pasteboard Area

Its so frustrating every single time you want to check output you then have to do a seemingly pointless dance of going via Export Otions/ Options Tab / Check JPG Quality if first session) / Bitmap Size Tab / Area To Save / Page / Export

Surely if there is an item selector that is set for page SOMEONE must be able to throw that switch - for the sake of my sanity lol

Xara Support
    15:33 (58 minutes ago)

to me
    Hi,

Unfortunately there isn't way to change the default setting but it's something we can look into for future versions

Kindest regards
    Customer Support
    Xara Group Ltd