Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Painter X causes reboot

Hi
    I am new to Painter and downloaded the trial version yesterday. I am experiencing a problem that I have never experienced before with any software, that is my PC reboots everytime I save a file in Painter. Even if I try to save a new file with nothing in it, in any format, the PC reboots. Running XP SP2 with 1MB of memory, Gigs of disk space all nicely defragged. Please would anyone be able to offer any suggestions? Thank you
    regards
    IP

Default Re: Painter X causes reboot

Hi Harry welcome to TG

I'm just an ordinary painter user not a long term expert, but Ive had issues with painter clashing with other programs.
    Where are you saving the file to? If you have a second disk try that. Don't save it to the desktop or my documents - try saving it somewhere else.
    Is the rebooting occuring as the file saves or before? Try opening the dialog box and hovering your mouse over file icons, especially psd's if there are any - does this cause a reboot or painter to shut down?
    Do you have a tablet installed, or wifi keyboard/mouse? Do you run open office, photshop elements paintshop pro, or any third party file managers or organisers?
    What firewall/antivirus do you use?
    Just kicking a few ideas around here from experience as a start
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

The problem is now resolved. Changing the Windows restart setting as suggested by Corel gave the blue screen, and this highlighted a file - windrvnt.sys

Googling this showed that others have a similar problem with other apps caused by this file, which is created by an application called Folder Lock by NewSoftwares.net Inc. Deleted this program and now have no problems.

Superb support from Corel. Thanks also for the suggestions.
    IP

Great
    I'll add that to my list of things to avoid.
    Thanks for letting us know.
    Nice also to hear that you had good experience with Corel Support.
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

It was very pleasing, in this day and age, to receive an email from Corel within 2 or 3 hours of start of business day, for an issue concerning the trial version and what is more, two further follow up emails the same day. That is customer service!
    IP