Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Putting text around an oval

I would like to know how to put text between an oval and a larger oval. I need the text at the top and the bottom so I have to be able to make the text curve both ways. I also need the text to be centered between the lines.
    Please keep in mind that I don't know much about the software in your explanation.

Thanks

Default Re: Putting text around an oval

please study this thread

Like this?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Text in Oval.jpg 
Views:	452 
Size:	64.9 KB 
ID:	35595  

yes but the oval lines need to be the same distance all the way around and the text needs to be centered between them. this is close. thanks I wish I could get that far. I am very frustrated with this software. I love it yet I am frustrated

I know how to build the ovals the way I need them but do not know how to do the text portion

Take a look at this thread for some excellent advice and samples for text on a curve. http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=25858

And this movie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ns9jreRjY7A
    Last edited by samrc; 04 March 2007 at 04:18 AM.
    -Samantha
    "Try to live your life so that you wouldn't be afraid to sell the family parrot to the town gossip." Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Hi Rookie:
    Create a line (either with the Pen Tool or the Freehand and Brush Tool). Then with the line still selected, click on the Text Tool button, then take your cursor and it should become an I (eye) bar over the line. With that click on the line and type in your text, it will conform to the shape of the line. Highlight the text to edit any text formatting you need to do. You can drag or nudge the line to fit over part of the oval whose curve you want to duplicate and use the Shape Editor Tool to shape the line, the text will conform to that shape. You can edit the line before or after you place the text on it. Then place the text/line combo where you want it. Then deselect all by click off the working area. Then with the Selector Tool (the arrow) click on the line, go up to the drop down "set line width" menu and select "None". The line disappears, the text should remain. If you need to find the line again use "select view quality" all the way down and you can view everything as outlines. You can do the same thing using shapes as the path for text, vanishing them by using "no colour fill" and setting the line width to none after you've placed the text.
    As for being frustrated with the program, I'll offer some additional advice. First, be patient with yourself, you'll get on to it as fast as you can. Second, if you can, don't bang your head over a project, and I personally keep several projects going at once and switch if I feel stuck. I'll come back to it, later and often figure out the answer, myself. You can always ask, as you just have on this forum. Third, if you are familiar with other image editors and vector drawing programs, such as Illustrator and Photoshop, get ready for a change. I know both of those and more. My overall impression is that this works as I feel this type of program should, never felt that way with the Adobe programs and most, if not all, of the others. So think of the way the others work, then do it the simple, easy way.
    If you're still not getting it, try to ask more specifically what part you're not getting. I or someone else with have the answer.
    Hope the rest of your project goes well,
    Scott

Here's a quick tutorial. Hope it helps.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Text in Oval.jpg 
Views:	452 
Size:	162.1 KB 
ID:	35596  

To DDURAN

The black and green oval, by chance did you save this imagine, if you did you could please email it to me in a xarx extreme file, where I could edit what you have done, because I am a true Rookie at this. I just really need some help, thanks!
    gator14221@aol.com

Excuse me Rookie, but that's nearly the same principle as asking for freebies here.
    Why aren't you willing to try and learn something? Please try the tutorials in this thread or in the other threads about "rounded text". You'll also find some .XAR files in the other threads. The only thing you need, is a little bit patience to try these examples.

Remi