Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default .swf export issue

Hello all,

I have a web layout that that I've done in Xara Extreme (not Pro) that contains static elements that I want to export to Flash. Even though I am converting lines to shapes prior to export, I am getting "clipped" looking results in Flash. WHen I select the imported stuff in Flash with the subselection tool, I see that the path control points have been contorted to make the shapes look clipped.

Is there something I can do about this? I have also installed the Pro trial and exported from it with the same results.

I've inserted an image of what is happening
    Any help will be greatly appreciated. Scott
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Flashimport.jpg 
Views:	199 
Size:	15.5 KB 
ID:	35296  

Default Re: .swf export issue

Try to enlarge your Xtreme objects, Scott, prior to coverting to editable shapes. Export to .swf and reduce shapes to desired size when imported in Flash. I did it with your Edwardian Script ITC type, and attached it. In the case you cannot import static .swf files in Flash or Swish you may export shapes to .wmf or to bitmapped alpha-channel .png from Xtreme.

Cheers, Anders
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Anders 205; 24 February 2007 at 03:59 PM.

Thank you Anders. That did the trick. I also did not know .wmf was an option. I also tried PDF which worked well for a lot of the layout but some text objects went missing or were relocated.

Thanks, again. Scott

Glad you made it, Scott. But you know there is in the big reality only two options--give up, or fight like hell--don't you? (BTW the .wmf is a great format!).

Keep smiling! Cheers, Anders