Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Upgrade Versions to Painter X

I upgraded to IX and wonder why I did. Any size of oil brush above about 20 pixels and it develops a time lag which gets worse with brush size and as for bevel world, forget it. I'm running Widows XP on an AMD 2800 chip with a Gig of ram... I'd have thought that would give reasonable performance, so I take thair claim for X, as they claimed for IX about fast performance with a large pinch of salt! Actually, I can't see much in X to tempt me to part with over $200. Sorry if this sounds grumpy, but I used to use Painter 6 a lot, now I find I can't be bothered to wade through endless unnecessary brushes to find what I need.
    F
    IP

I have always been happy with the downloaded version, which suits my purposes.
    The manual would be useful I guess, and the extra brushes etc might be.

With several days experience I'd say that X certainly appears to be faster than IX5 on my machine [AMD/1.25GB], and the new bristle brushes are very good - not yet tried out the new composition tools.
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    I upgraded to IX and wonder why I did. Any size of oil brush above about 20 pixels and it develops a time lag which gets worse with brush size and as for bevel world, forget it. I'm running Widows XP on an AMD 2800 chip with a Gig of ram... I'd have thought that would give reasonable performance, so I take thair claim for X, as they claimed for IX about fast performance with a large pinch of salt! Actually, I can't see much in X to tempt me to part with over $200. Sorry if this sounds grumpy, but I used to use Painter 6 a lot, now I find I can't be bothered to wade through endless unnecessary brushes to find what I need.
    F
    I agree with you, I have 2gigs fast ram and a duo core 4600 cpu and I can make a cup of tea while bevel world does its stuff.
    IP