Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: duplicate chapters manual?

Quote Originally Posted by WolfMoonHP View Post
    Had no trouble with Word at all, but then I've been using it so long that its quirks probably seem so familiar I think of them as features...LOL)
    Probably so. That seems to be a common assumption. Besides, I expect that you're also fairly disciplined in your approach, and that goes a long way toward making Word behave.

When it's behaving, Word can do some nice things. When it's not, it can be a nightmare. And even when Word is working well, it still takes many more keystrokes and mouse drags to accomplish most things than it does in Ventura.

As for reliability, I often remind myself of Packard Bell computers. That was an American brand that had a very poor reliability record. I recall once seeing a survey in which the Packard Bell repair rate was something like 50%. That is, 50% of the survey respondents who had Packard Bell computers indicated that their machines had been repaired during the reporting period. It was the worst repair record by far, but it was still only 50%. For the other 50% of the users, the Packard Bells were presumably working just fine.

My brother-in-law bought several Packard Bells for his family. He truly does not understand why people complained about them. But then he also assumed that needing repair was "just the way it is with computers".

I just checked my manual and I don't have any of the extras noted above. No collector's edition here

Quote Originally Posted by amoore View Post
    Probably so. That seems to be a common assumption. Besides, I expect that you're also fairly disciplined in your approach, and that goes a long way toward making Word behave.
    Allison...I'm a Virgo...discipline goes with the territory

---
    Will

Another praise for Xara's manual. At first I was reluctant about getting the manual since most software manuals are poorly made...but to my surprise this one is really good.

Quote Originally Posted by WolfMoonHP View Post
    Allison...I'm a Virgo...discipline goes with the territory
    That makes two of us.