Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Clipview problem

Hello,

When I use clipview (see attached file), I am finding a very fine white line along the edge of the two objects and I can't seem to get rid of it. I have tried changing the color of the object border thinking it might have been set to white or blank but to no effoct.

Anyone got any ideas What I am doing wrong?

Thanks!

Michael
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Michael T; 15 March 2007 at 09:04 PM. Reason: e-mail notification

Default Re: Clipview problem

Quote Originally Posted by Michael T View Post
    Hello,

When I use clipview (see attached file), I am finding a very fine white line along the edge of the two objects and I can't seem to get rid of it. I have tried changing the color of the object border thinking it might have been set to white or blank but to no effoct.

Anyone got any ideas What I am doing wrong?

Thanks!

Michael
    It appears to be something Michael, but I don't know what.

However, when I zoom in at 2000 % it disappears.

I have no idea why. I would go ahead and save it as a bitmap of your choice and see if it shows up.

Hi Michael. Just to let you know, I tried what I think you did and got a similar result using clipview.
    Maybe it has something to do with the objects being the same color. When I made the fill color for the second object at the bottom and then did a clipview, I didn't see the line.
    Did you just create 2 shapes of the same color, lay one on top of the other then apply clipview? If so, you can try doing the same thing up to where you select both shapes. Once they are both selected, choose Arrange -> Combine Shapes -> Slice Shapes. Then select the bottom part of the object and make the fill color whatever you want. This should make the line go away.
    There's probably a better way since I am fairly new at this too. But that worked for me. Good luck.
    Joe

hi guys,

thanks for the replies. I will try the combine technique. It's a weird thing to be sure. It also comes out on the printing.

Michael

I always get the same thing using clipview. Very annoying.

Michael,

Try this attachment. No jaggies. Just Clone the original rounded rectangle, set the fill and stroke colours to none and send to back. Shift-select the non rounded rectangle and apply a clipview.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I tried something different which appears to work as well.

I filled the rounded rectangle with the same color as the outline and cliped a white rectangle for the white background.

Gary

gary your link dosnt work for me
    michaels and eggs do

edit does now thanks
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

hi Egg & Gary,

Thanks for these other solutions they work well (I was able to download both your files) and fortunately are not that hard to do. Gary, yours in particular is very simple and works a treat.

Michael