Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is a tube?

Default Re: What is a tube?

what I like the very most about tubes is that you can place them on a transparent layer. And then when you use it on a website you can get some surprising results.

Sander

I stopped buying PSP at version 9, the last JASC version.

Tubes can have a symbol, graphic element, drawing, image, line stroke, etc.
    The benefit of tubes: quick insert of a specific image. The tube can be set to rotate on each placement, size can change or even randomize the element as you place it. The downside: a tube is a bitmap image, not vector so image quality changes as you expand/contract the image.

Using a tube of a single gold 3ball image, set to rotate on placement with very little space between each image, a beautiful gold rope can be created in seconds by drawing a simple line with that tube. If the tube is of white 8 pointed star, you could make a sparkly garland for a tree image. The same tube could be used to place tiny gold stars (simulating farkles) on something that you want to sparkle.

I have used tubes to QUICKLY create animations having pieces appear and disappear in the animation. A quick simple sample using a HOLLY tube:
    http://www.lambertusa.com/6fe181e0.gif

Still experimenting with brushes in XARA but it appears that they are similar in function
    -Samantha
    "Try to live your life so that you wouldn't be afraid to sell the family parrot to the town gossip." Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

A subway.

Funny.

Smile Re: What is a tube?

Hi Mightyfun

I could not resist posting to "what is a tube?" and I saw a link to a Tube site that I orignally started. Well I wrote tutorials about what tubes are and they are still on that old site, but I do have them on my new site. You can find the tutorials here: http://www.psptubez.com/barrys_paint...rial_index.asp

I am a tube manic and have been for about 7 years. You can check out all about tubes if you visit my new site http://www.psptubez.com

I have not spoken with this group since the "bulldozer" saga Can you beleive that is still ongoing! So if any of you visit my site you will know why I have been very scarce and leave a message in my guestbook that you are my friends from the talk graphics group. Thanks guys and as I said - I could not resist "bragging" a little bit - hey?? give a webmaster a break (Under normal circumstances I would never have even mentioned my website)