Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default How to make working with Xara Galleries more convenient?

When I stick more then two galleries to the right, I get their buttons rather then content (see the image). Is there any utility to control that? Is it possible to hide/unhide ALL Xara pallets (like TAB in Photoshop)?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	03.gif 
Views:	164 
Size:	22.4 KB 
ID:	33103  

Default Re: How to make working with Xara Galleries more convenient?

Vintano
    Whats wrong with just clicking on the X and turning off the one(s) you don't want. When you want them, open them again and they will open at the same position, ie docked.
    Personally I tend to keep the layer gallery open and docked almost all the time, others I just open and close as needed. I don't think the clipart gallery is going to be very useful when docked up one side anyway
    Derek
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screen.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	55.5 KB 
ID:	33105  
    Last edited by masque; 10 December 2006 at 02:29 PM.

Well, of course it's possible to click on a cross or use individual shortcuts for every gallery, but it's a pity that the galleries' buttons are taking so much of valuable space. And switching to full screen mode (Numpad 8) is quite slow.
    By the way, it's not a clipart gallery on my screen, but bitmap - I use it most often of all. Also, I've noticed. that you've got a pretty high resolution which we can't set on our LCD monitors (I work in educational institution and we are not focused on design).
    Last edited by Vintano; 10 December 2006 at 02:53 PM.

Vintano
    Keep layer and bitmap gallery open and open/close others as you need them. If they are open they are bound to take up screen space, there is certainly no way to just show the content of say the fill gallery without the associated buttons etc showing as well, maybe its a suggestion for the future if enough people want the option of leaner galleries on screen.
    As for switching to full screen mode being slow all I can say is its not on mine, almost instant; and I tend to leave it in full screen most of the time anyway to maximise space.
    As for the monitor its just a 17" that the screen shot was produced from : 1280 x 1024, if you are working at 1024 x 768 or even lower then yes you are going to have less room and so I can understand the frustration with the room occupied by the galleries which I would think makes it more necessary to turn them on and off.
    Derek
    Last edited by masque; 10 December 2006 at 03:20 PM.