Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Psd output in pro.

It seems that the PSD output ignores the state of the 'simulate print colours' when exporting. I don't know if this is a bug but for me I find I get nearer colours to those I am working on in Xara if it works and I change to CMYK in Photo shop.

Sigh. I got all excited too. Oh well. Back to one layer of PNG at a time.

Default Re: Psd output in pro.

I agree with you.

Xara exports in RGB which is why the colors look the same in either view mode. Unless you export a CMYK TIFF. But the whole idea of the PSD filter is to get images and layers from Photoshop to Xtreme Pro and back.

Gary

Default Re: Psd output in pro.

I have never been able to get a good CMYK output form Xaras Tiff. The colours just seem to be bleached out and miles from the ones I can see with the preview on.

I find that if I export PNG's with the print preview on they are RGB but print legalised to a greater extent. When changed to CMYK in photoshop the colours slip a little but not too much. (I guess we are stuch with that unless XAra massively upgraded it's colour handling to incorporate monitor and print profiles) When I convert files without the preview turned on when saving the colour change is more unpredictable.

'sob' I just want to work with colours I can see!