Ok so I am trying to see what this flash animation can do and I'm following the help file for creating a new flash movie and this is the instructions:

Create a new animation document. To do this:
• Choose File > New > Animation (shortcut Ctrl+Shift+N)
• Or click the New Animation button on the Standard control bar.

A new document will open, and you will see the animation control bar appear that contains some new controls.

Draw a simple black rectangle. Give it no fill color.

Draw a simple shape, such as the QuickShape star (but it can be any shape).

Click the Create New Names button on the Selector tool InfoBar and name it 'shape'.

>>>>Name what shape. I have created two shapes so do I select both shapes or what, it doesn't say both shapes and the last shape I created was a quick shape so that is what is selected, so am I to assume that I am creating a name for this shape and not the rectangle, what is the rectangle for.<<<<<

Click the Copy Frame button to create your 2nd key frame.

Transform the shape as required. You can adjust it using any of the six core transforms described earlier in core principles.

Press the Preview Flash button to see the animation.

>>No matter what I do even if I create only one shape and follow these exact instructions I always end up with these errors on previewing the flash.

Frame 1: Duplicate tween name <2 objects> of rectangle and QuickShape
Frame 1: Duplicate tween name <2 objects> of rectangles
Frame 1: Duplicate tween name <2 objects> of QuickShape and rectangle
Frame 1: Duplicate tween name <2 objects> of QuickShapes
Frame 1: Unpaired tween name <2 objects> of rectangle
Frame 1: Unpaired tween name <2 objects> of QuickShape <<<<<<<<<

I tried following Garys tutorial exactly and I get the same duplicate tween name error. steps: create animation -- draw shape -- name shape -- copy frame -- adjust shape -- preview