Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default xPro - UI Request

Now that XPro is expanding the file formats it can handle, the list of file extensions shown in it's Open, Import, Export, etc., dialogs is getting lengthy and harder for old farts like me (particularly when you've got bifocals or trifocals) to read/find the correct format extension.

For the final release, could there possibly be a checkbox in these dialogs for "SORT BY EXTENSION" ?

Pretty please?
    Last edited by jclements; 28 November 2006 at 12:42 AM.

Default Re: xPro - UI Request

Yes,yes... They could be just sorted.
    Regards, Dmitry.
    Useful utils for Xara: http://xaraxtv.at.tut.by

John, you old geezer.

There already is something that is kind of like that at the top of the import list. You can select from Drawings, Bitmaps, Text, EPS and so forth and Xtreme will only list files of that type.

Gary
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sort-by.gif 
Views:	255 
Size:	30.0 KB 
ID:	32628  
    Last edited by gwpriester; 28 November 2006 at 09:47 PM.

That is only on the Import list, Gary.

When importing I find it quicker to type into the filename box myself rather than using the pulldown: if I'm looking for an eps file I'd just type *eps for example. Use *jp* if you have .jpg .jpe and/or .jpeg files

(no need to type *.eps, just *eps - the * is a wildcard so will cover the . as well)

When exporting I usually click the Save As Type pulldown and cycle through the options using the first letter of the export type I need. For example, to export as a PDF just hit the P key until PDF is highlighted. There are three (Paintbrush PCX, PNG and PDF) Ps so with them highlighted it's easier to see them than finding them from the long list. GIF and JPG are quicker, no other entries start with a G or a J.

Yeah, I use those approaches too. Although from my Micrografx Picture Publisher days I still press C for GIF, as it was listed as Compuserve GIF!
    I'd start a revolution, if I could get up in the morning.