Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Xara beta bugs

Threaded View

Default Malfunction report.

You know that feeling you get deep inside when you leave the supermarket and your car isn't there?

Or when you slip your hand into your pocket for your wallet and your pocket is empty?

Or when you walk up a flight of stairs and when you step on the last one there isn't one?

That's something like I felt today when Xtreme Pro crashed on me while working on something which has already had many hours of work.

4,812 objects over eight layers.
    A lot of plasma fractal fills, a few linear fills but no transparencies, blends, contours or other embellishments.

I had just saved the file along with a copy.
    Upon closing Xtreme Pro I got an error message - something about serious error and has to close. I didn't have the presence of mind to take a screendump - sorry about that.

So, the prog closed, I clicked on first one, then the other of the two files' icons and Xara came up with a blank screen on both occasions.

So I opened closed Xara Pro and opened it again and neither of the two files were in the file list.

That's the story of the malfunction and me feeling sick as a parrot.

The good news is that when I selected "Open File" both saved files opened okay with their integrity preserved.

No harm done but I don't want to feel like that again.

Grrrr.

Edit: Both files are saved to the desktop.
    Both can be opened when I choose File/Open ... but when I click on the desktop icons I get this error message:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	zxpro.jpg 
Views:	349 
Size:	21.3 KB 
ID:	32319  
    Last edited by Intbel; 20 November 2006 at 01:16 PM.
    "Intbel" ... "Can't" is not an option.

Compliance is futile. Resistance is futile. Just do your own thing an' ignore 'em.