Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Xara beta bugs

Hybrid View

Default Re: Xara beta bugs

1) Installer does not handle big fonts on computer well. See screengrab.

2) Weird installer issue, only minor inconvenience. It downloaded GDI+ (although I am certain I already have it somewhere), and I think the GDI+ installer came up saying it needed to restart computer. I closed a bunch of things, and then hit 'Restart now'. Then the Xara installer came up and said 'Finished', which I pressed to close out the installer. At that point, some of my other apps had closed due to the GDI+ installer, and I could tell this because several programs in the system tray had disappeared. But then my machine quit the shutdown cycle, and I had to manually reboot it.

3) The levels editor in Xara Picture Editor does not immediately show the previous levels, although it displays the bitmap using them. Go into a bitmap, edit the RGB levels, save, and exit XPE. Reopen XPE, choose 'levels' again, and the default '100%' levels (or whatever) show as the settings. Switching to 'Red' and then back to 'Joined RGB' fixes this.

4) I'm unsure whether this is a bug, or intended, as I don't understand the levels tools thoroughly. If you enter the XPE level editor, and then switch to Red, Green, or Blue, and then move any sliders, the green level line moves, and then reverts back to apparently showing the 'Joined RGB' levels??? Shouldn't it display the color's new levels?

Pretty cool overall. Great job! Congratulations, Charles & team!

David
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Installshield.jpg 
Views:	376 
Size:	26.4 KB 
ID:	32206