Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Re: Xara Xtreme Pro announced

Wolfgang, you'll be glad to know that pdf import is in development and we hope to ship it with Pro, but that current Betas do not have this filter. (My internal version does and loads that file fine). Secondly it does load that eps file as well, as demonstrated earlier (although not by drag and drop - we can look at that).

And yes we do regard file interchange a priority and are doing what we can - and the answer to your question is yes, we will load both eps and pdf files.

Wolfgang, I Opened the eps file and it opened with a prg I didn't even remember having.
    The pdf simply opened in Acrobat Reader.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_Image1 USE for Xara posts.jpg 
Views:	732 
Size:	68.4 KB 
ID:	32196  
    -=Bob=-

Wow.

Thanks & congratulations.

I think the decision to divide this in Pro and regular is a very vise one, and I feel that the new improvements actually justify the Pro-moniker. In any case they will make my everyday work easier, and even enable me new job opportunities.

I feel that Xara is listening to us now, which is great.

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Moir View Post
    Wolfgang, you'll be glad to know that pdf import is in development and we hope to ship it with Pro, but that current Betas do not have this filter. (My internal version does and loads that file fine). Secondly it does load that eps file as well, as demonstrated earlier (although not by drag and drop - we can look at that).

And yes we do regard file interchange a priority and are doing what we can - and the answer to your question is yes, we will load both eps and pdf files.
    Yippeee !!!
    Thank you so much Charles, I am sold!

You made me go from "whatever" to "when can I buy it??" in seconds !!!!

Wolfgang

Hurray for improved import!
    I agree that .ai and eps import into Xtreme have been a problem. I even had to download a trial copy of Illustrator to get client supplied artwork into Xterme. (still recovering from the experience) After a bit of research I discovered that Coreldraw and Serifdraw pro could both open the same file too. - Either of which were on my shopping list should the client come back after the 30 days.

Fingers crossed that the final version of Xtreme pro can come up with the goods. It would be nice to be able to import ai's and eps' from swift 3d too!

Question Re: Xara Xtreme Pro announced

So far everything new is great and I'm very glad (since I live in France) with the support for accented caracters. But I can't make the flash animation backround transparent for the web. I had this same problem with the animated gifs, but Egg solved that for me (us). See thread http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...286#post170286This trick doesn't work with the flash animations though. What am I doing wrong?

I see that there's a forum for XtremePro, so I post this there also...
    Last edited by MarciaB; 17 November 2006 at 08:44 AM.
    Marcia
    A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work unless it's open.
    Frank Zappa

Wink Re: Xara Xtreme Pro announced

Well I am sold on it! To think that I will be able to all but get rid of Illy from my computer is a wonderful thought because of what Charles stated back a few pages. He stated the following "Wolfgang, you'll be glad to know that pdf import is in development and we hope to ship it with Pro, but that current Betas do not have this filter. (My internal version does and loads that file fine)." Just think, I will be able to have only three programmes up on my desktop, Xtreme Pro, PhotoShop and Indesign and thats all I will need to get my work done.

Xara to PhotoShop (with Layers) and do any colour correction there either with PDF or PSD
    Xara to Indesign as PDF, superb
    Illy at Work back into Xtreme Pro, no problems
    Xtreme to Printers without having to think about it through PDF

How cool is that

What I like about this development is that Charles and his team have listen to this forum and have come up with the goods, Thank You. If anyone moans about the price and folk will, just tell to be quiet and list what this forum ask for during the summer into Autum.

Multi Page, yes
    PSD, yyes
    Improved Text Engine, yes
    Better swf control, yes
    Beter Animation, yes
    Pantone Colours, yes
    PDF import, looks like yes
    The Ability to use Transparencies for Printing, yes
    PDF with Layers, not sure about that one, will need to investigate?

Well done to the team and I hope that the PDF import gets sorted.
    Design is thinking made visual.

Will try the beta for a bit, hopefully it will be more stable than XXtreme which I stopped using after a few months because of constant crashing.
    The $120 isn't too disastrous, compared to the $340 I paid 10++ years ago for CorelXara 1.1 and the wasted $30 for the dgrade to XXtreme from X1.

That's fantastic !!! I am amazed !!!!!

So much thanks !!!

ivan

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Moir View Post
    You'll be glad to know that pdf import is in development and we hope to ship it with Pro, but that current Betas do not have this filter. (My internal version does and loads that file fine). Secondly it does load that eps file as well, as demonstrated earlier (although not by drag and drop - we can look at that).

Great news Charles.
    Congratulations to everyone who worked on Xtreme Pro.
    Zee