Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Re: Can I say how much I hate.. ?

I'm with egg on the docking panels, they are a pain in the **** as they dock whether you want them to or not so don't add the alignment menu, which is fine as it is by the way, to the list of stuff you don't dare move about the screen.
    Last edited by masque; 01 November 2006 at 04:02 PM.
    IP

NONE of my galleries dock anymore, not since this informative thread:

http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...hlight=docking
    -=Bob=-
    IP

Bob thanks for searching that out. I need to disable the docking again. New larger hard drive with fresh installations of everything.

Glenn old habits are hard to break. I'd rather edit the registry so I have to hold the Ctrl key down to have it dock, which I never want it to do.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

I don't hate the align dialog box,
    but I would like have some keyboard shortcuts.
    I find it a little awkward to have to step back through the dialogue when I want to align repetitively. Especially for aligning objects to center, which seems to be my most common alignment task.
    - Andy
    IP

Ah! Good to know Dmitry, Thanks
    -AF
    IP

No, NO, NO once again !!!!

You shouldn't use dropdown boxes at all !!!

Just try select several objects and Click / Ctrl+Click /Shift+Click on small window with shapes in Alignment dialog. And see what happens.
    Exactly my point Dmitry ~ One click alignment.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

There is this old thread: http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...ment+shortcuts

The 4th post from Wfcentral has some shortcuts; I use them but I do get a bit muddled!
    Simon
    ------------------------------
    www.tlaconsultancy.co.uk
    www.bricksandbrass.co.uk
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Exactly my point Dmitry ~ One click alignment.
    Xtreme doesn't give you one- click alignment. Supposing I want three shapes aligned vertically. I need to select the shapes, choose the correct alignment from the dialog, then I have to click Apply.

If I want to align other shapes, the same way, it is single click, but if I want to change alignment I am looking at at least a pair of clicks again. That's all without consideration of losing the panel.

This compares with a single click of an icon/button no matter what alignment I want.

What am I misunderstanding here?
    IP

Hate is a strong word. I would say I dislike the functionality of a particular tool or dialog within the interface but I don't hate it... much!! I would like to see an option to dock the align dialog. I think most dialogs should included this option.

Personally I would have made it so there was only one or two ways to dock dialogs and that would be to double click or right click on the top border with a small clickable text option that would say "Dock". This way that cuts out all the other auto docking irritations.
    Last edited by RAMWolff44; 05 November 2006 at 03:07 PM.
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---
    IP

Why tie the alignment dialogue into combinations at all?

If it were to have a single alignment at a time and each step happened on screen immediately, instead of the combinations that are first selected then applied, it would be simpler and with fewer mouse-clicks (no need to click on the drop downs or the apply button).

For instance to align all selected to the left and distribute top to bottom;

With the present dialogue that would take no less than seven mouse clicks/keypresses (including opening and closing the dialogue).

Without the combinations it would take four mouse clicks.

Click-open dialogue, click -everything selected aligns to the left, click - selection distributed from top to bottom, click-close dialogue.

And you can see what is happening on screen as you do it.

This would leave 14 align and distribute options (no need for the no change-option) and the three areas options = 17 icons altogether.

Still too big to be on the selector options bar permenantly, but easier to use?
    Last edited by MarkMyWords; 07 November 2006 at 03:05 PM.
    IP