Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo XI Organizer

I had the same high ~50% CPU usage-when-idle issue with Paint Shop Pro XI (v11.20). In researching this issue, I found the problem was described as PSP gets caught in an endless recursion when indexing files for the Organizer. See site link below. This was the problem too in my case - I had created shortcuts to other folders.

The fix above sounds great, but the way I fixed it was by going into PSP Preferences. In the Organizer section, Folder Exclusions, I excluded the folders where I had created shortcuts. That worked, but since I don't use Organizer at all, I excluded my entire C drive. Bingo, PSP starts faster & doesn't use any CPU when sitting there.

Here's the site where I found the Organizer bug info:
    http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/archive/t-14578.html
    ... scroll down (a bunch) to westguard's post from 09-26-2007, 06:54 PM, "CPU Issue Resolved"............

Hope that helps someone.

-Wick
    http://www.CarComplaints.com
    Last edited by wick; 03 September 2008 at 03:59 PM. Reason: forgot sig
    IP

BobS - THANK YOU! You probably gave my PC some additional life by providing that fix

Corel PSP was previously hammering my CPU at 50% continuously!
    IP

In my case my images are on an external drive as also my documents are on a different part ion to the programs on c so I too have C disabled.
    One think to watch out for is it will try to catalogue every image file and format that it can. I discovered this years back with Thumbs plus. There are an awful lot of images of buttons and icons in the program files that you don't want and in the temporary download files. So with any Media cataloguing application first steep is to point it to only the files and types you want and beware of PDF. Its an image format but could contain 30 pages in the one file Now that will slow PSP a little and do you want to use psp to read them any how
    IP