Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Hair brush (?)

Threaded View

Default Re: Hair brush (?)

Quote Originally Posted by -=Drifter=- View Post
    1. I would like to draw the individual hairs on a head - rapidly - and have them change from black to different, random shades of black/gray - back and forth - as I draw them. I cannot figure out how to do this. I went to edit brush and fill properties, but I can't figure out how. Any help?
    Drifter - I have spent many hours coming to grips with hair and I still haven't yet cracked it.

There are hair brushes but I prefer do not use them.

Things I have tried with varying degrees of success:

Draw a hair, size and shaped as required then draw another hair changing its size and shape as needed.
    Then create a blend twixt the two entering whatever number you like.
    Can then use the fill tool to give a varying fill across the whole blend.

Alternatively, having created your blend, you could ungroup it so you have individual hair lines which you can edit individually.

One thing I have been playing with is ungrouping a blend, changing the shapes of the lines, converting to shapes and then filling the shapes.

Another way is to draw a single hair as wanted then you can create many identical such hairs by simply dragging and dropping with a right click.

Re blends or groups - cloning then re-colouring and rotating or moving - even if only a pixel or two - you can rapidly multiply the number of hairs and create some good effects.

None of the above has given me exactly what I want but I think the answer is in there somewhere.

I hope someone will come to your rescue ... 'til then play around with the bove ideas - you may just get the result you want.

Attached is an example of how I have been playing with ideas.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hairy.gif 
Views:	438 
Size:	53.2 KB 
ID:	29431  
    Last edited by Intbel; 06 September 2006 at 07:18 AM. Reason: added gif
    "Intbel" ... "Can't" is not an option.

Compliance is futile. Resistance is futile. Just do your own thing an' ignore 'em.