Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Link to Website

Threaded View

Default Re: Link to Website

Hello Manwe, I think I can help you out with your problem:

Search engines cannot search any Java/flash content. Therefore you use a "site map". The site map is actually not for the user but for the search bot. You can either put a small (even tiny, invisible) navigation somehwere together with the flash menu, or you can put a visible nav.

http://www.xaraxone.com/html/tutorials.html I give you Garys site as an example (see Gary I like your site). He has done some nice Javascript menues (on the top) but in the botton he has HTML links which are the same. So why make two nav bars which are exactly the same, only different visualy? Search Enginges.

Gary correct me if I'm wrong.

If I haven't made myself clear: Your menu is in flash, it has links to other pages. Make another navmenu only in simple HTML which will be at the same fram as your flash menu. Now you have two menues. The other one is bothering you? Make it invisible (black color on black background or tiny letters at the bottom), or you can make it a pretty one and name it.... "site map". Now you have an "excuse" for having two navigations. One is a nav and the other is "site map".
    Last edited by Availor; 13 September 2006 at 04:16 PM.