Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Layers???

Threaded View

Talking Re: Layers???

Thanks for everyone's help!

Intbel (Raymond), I couldn't get your image to open. When I clicked on the link, it was a blank new page.

Egg, I love your picture! That's exactly what I was looking for.

In the meantime, I was messing around and after reading everyone's posts and looking at examples, a "lightbulb" went off in my head and I finally figured it out! I've attached what I've done.

However, I STILL don't understand how to "save" each individual layer.

I clicked on egg's picture he made and saw his individual layers, but NOW WHAT do I do with them? I clicked on each one to see what would happen, but nothing.

What can't I understand here? How important are the layers? How I did mine, I just traced, moved shape away from the original photo, filled, and then put them back where they belong.

I'm thinking there must be a better way?? And what about the "combine objects" feature? Is that automatically supposed to put my shapes together for me? That would be nice...

In the meantime, attached is my first attempt with this layering stuff....I think it turned out pretty good for my first try (Except for the right eye - i'm still working on that - as it is on the side of his head and i'm finding it hard to draw this way)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Suz; 04 September 2006 at 11:51 AM.