Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Thumbs up Re: Corel Draw 12 & X3 file problem

Hi,

I have encountered numerous times of coreldraw file crashing and corrupted. Been working on a booklet few days for my client and waiting for final confirmation after his proofreading. My file is a s big as 250MB with plenty of BMP files. After trying numerous times to open up different 'incremental' backup files proved futile, I tried open up my habitual saving a PDF file after each time I save my cdr file. The pdf works well. All the data still intact though only need to set the page setup again. The paragraphs becomes lines instead. Still happy since my project only has minor spelling error to correct. This experince taught me to save another copy of PDF file under the " PUBLISH TO PDF" under "File" command. Hope this can help many of you out there who works heavily with Coreldraw. My experinece shares with Sallybode's advice.

P/S : Remember to set the pdf quality to high resolution!!!!! http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

Ebug
    Malaysia
    Last edited by ebug; 02 November 2007 at 03:59 PM.
    IP

Default Re: Corel Draw 12 & X3 file problem

Hey All

In addition to the good information above, I would like to add a tip that has helped me with large files. When you save the file, in the "Save Drawing" window click on advanced and under "File Optimization" uncheck the "Use Bitmap Compression" & "Use Graphic Object Compression" options. This will result in much larger file sizes, but quicker saves and less corruption.

Murph
    IP