Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Microsoft C++ runtime error

Hi all, long time no post. I checked in because I'm suddenly getting that same error message, right after installing a McAfee upgrade. I sure hope I'll be able to keep using Xara! All suggestions appreciated.

Chris Dickman
    Editor, Graphics.com

By the way, I encourage you to request a free gallery to display your Xara creations on Graphics.com: http://www.graphics.com/modules.php?...35c6fdae68fb2f

You can apply for one here: http://www.graphics.com/modules/Gallery/galleryinfo.htm

I have had trouble with McAfee slowing down another one of my programs on another computer.

I think I will get rid of M and see what happens.

I uninstalled McAfee and "happy days are here again!"

Xtreme launched right up.

So, xara was working again, and I installed AVG antivirus and firewall.

Things were going ok until the firewall, I guess, discovered that xara was trying to connect to the internet. I clicked "allow" and then immediately after I had the "runtime error" again. Exactly as before. Xara will not work again.

I'm using a new duo core processor laptop from Dell.

Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by tehrlich
    So, xara was working again, and I installed AVG antivirus and firewall.

Things were going ok until the firewall, I guess, discovered that xara was trying to connect to the internet. I clicked "allow" and then immediately after I had the "runtime error" again. Exactly as before. Xara will not work again.

I'm using a new duo core processor laptop from Dell.

Any suggestions?
    Report bug to firewall vendor?

Alex

I still can't run Xara, after having re-installed it. It would be useful to know definitively that McAfee is causing this, then I can go after them. Given the wide usage of McAfee products, I would think that quite a few Xara users would be having a similar problem and that Xara would acknowledge this and provide some useful advice.

Chris

Chris:

I have used McAfee for the last 3 years and have not exprienced any problems.