Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Re: 3d Spinning gif

hello all, i am brand new to this program. having loads of issues, i have followed a lot of the tutorials on here for spinning images, firstly my images look rubbish, not very clear when i reimport them onto the shapes. also how do i make two separate parts move...any help would be appreciated, Ellie

Hi Ellie welcome to Talkgraphics,
    I presume that your images look 'rubbish' because you end up increasing the size to over 100%. If so, try making the original images bigger before you import them into X3D onto your shapes as textures.

To make different shapes move differently to others, you should select each shape at a time using the cursor. Then you can alter the settings within your chosen 'animation option'. Each shape can be set with it's own unique movement.

Anas

thanks Anas

do i need to cut out each individual shape to get it to move. If there are any tutorials on doing thisi'd appreciate it. As i said i am lost a little, getting to grips with it though. I think the problem with the quality may have been down to the size of the image i started with. I am going to scan a better version of what i am trying to do later today and have another go at this.

thanks for any help, Ellie

Default Re: Making two seperate parts move

Hi Ellie,
    Think of it as a word processor (such as MS Word) the letter 'i' is made up of 2 shapes (a dot above a vertical line). You can not change the dot to red and leave the line black. If you type in a word such as 'bin' you can change each letter to a different colour but the letter 'i' is one character made up of 2 objects. You have to enter/type each of the 3 letters separately ie. one at a time so then you can colour or enlarge them uniquely etc. Xara 3D is the same, you have to enter each character/ shape separately to treat them differently.

Anas

Hi Ellie,

Are you trying to use a bitmap image in Xara3D to animate the text shown within it? That cannot be done because Xara3D requires vector objects and or text from a font (fonts are a type of vector).

I ask because you mentioned a scan which creates a bitmap image.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

thanks for all your help, i am slowly getting somewhere, will post results in a day or so. At the moment i'm just wrestling with the program.

i am still lost as to how you get different parts spinning.... any tutorials about??

have got the logo spinning and it look crystal clear, i wanted to put some text over the top, but everytime i try it changes the bevel or look of the image, any thoughts?

okay folks after a lot of searching around, am i right in thinking if i select different parts of the image in extreme and cut and select these and then export the file to xara 3d it will then move for me??

thanks for any help

Ellie

Ellie please post an example of the image you are working with.

Are you trying to cut parts of a bitmapped (rastor) image? A gif, jpg, png, tiff, etc are all bitmapped images.

If you are working with a bitmapped image you must recreate the portions you want as vectors shaped as the portions you want to use. Cutting a bitmapped image will only get you rectangles when you bring them into Xara3D.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

told you it looks rubbish,http://img258.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ferraridl9.gif i wanted the horse revolving in a separate way, and more, it looks rubbish but it's the best i can do

the original image is here http://www.techimo.com/photo/data/505/64Ferrari.png

please don't just do it for me, i want to learn, thank you, Ellie