Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Question Feather Tool Slider

Question / Request for dev. team about Feather Tool Slider.

I was surprised when I found in last build of LX a Feather tool that resemble Windows version tool ( except actual 2 clicks instead of one ).

I just start to work for a new tutorial about creation of Ice cubes, using diferent techniques ( Bitmap Fill - Bitmap mode vs. Fractal Mode ). Not just a tutorial but a round discussion about what is needed and when - in a work with such kind of objects. 2 main goals.To show what we can do now with LX, and to share a bit from my experiance.

There few examples wich contain only 3-4 shapes with feather effect, and few.. unrecommended examples wich can contain more than 25.

Now into the subject : I feel verry good ( in term of workstyle ) and confortable when I work on LX with the old feather slider ( it was visible ). Just point and slide. Nothing more, nothing less.

That's what I need. Nothing more. I was thinking about this like a good, useable progress in Xara UI, not as way to solve a lack in wxWidgets Gnome UI components. For me is better on this way than in windows version way.

I presume the dev. team work now to reduce these remaining 2 clicks to one -> Click-And-Slide or Click-And-Drag as in Windows version of Xara.

Now the node point and the question ( asumming these 2 click's from now are resolved ) : why Click-and-Drag-to-slide instead just Click-and-Slide as it was before ??

From a personal point of view I can't understand why a good progress in UI is cut down. I know U know that Every grafician like to do as fewer clicks as he can, to obtain as much effect as is possible. So in a non-technical design, for a purely artistic work, let say.. for a poster that need image composition, to have direct visual acces ( as in quality view ) to slider position is much better than to check some could numbers ( ). Because on this case your work is direct connected : Eye<->Canvas. More abstract than logical, but to control your work from a single view is better ( in my vision .

My request here is just to think about and if is possible, to put Feather Tool slider into a visible place, maybe on Standard bar ( next to Feather list box ), maybe on main contextual control bar ( then will come up only when is needed, and this way maybe this paradigm can be solved.. ).

However, I can use now the Feather bar - I put him along Standar bar and I use his slider instead of Feather Tool Slider.

Else.. will be a pain to work with actual Feather Tool slider where I have to change feather for ..25 shapes or more.

Thanks for atention and.. keep the rhytm

I atached a screenshoot from.. line of fire.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Feather-Tool-Slider.png 
Views:	628 
Size:	198.5 KB 
ID:	28052  
    Last edited by SorinN; 25 July 2006 at 03:54 PM.
    IP