Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Xtreme Move (New) Don't tell how to?

I just downloaded the New Movie on the Xara Xtreme site. 6.4 megs which isn't too large for a Dial up connection. It took me all of 12 minutes.

In this movie it shows (Very Quickly) that you can switch from Xtreme to Xara3D and back again but it doesn't tell you where the shortcut is nor does it show you where it is at. It just pops up and gone and pops up and gone again. They Left the Most Important part out of this movie.

Could Someone tell me where that Small Shortcut is to switch back and forth from Xtreme to Xara3d?

I have search the Help file and came up with Nothing even Close to switching back and forth. I have both the Latest Versions of both programs as Well as the Webstyle4 and also the Screenmaker3. I also have XaraX1 plus Webster to boot. (not up to date on Webster as I thought it was gone)!! Don't use it any more.....anyway...

Any and All Information along the line of question above will be greatly appreicated. I only hope I don't have to wait 3 months before someone replies like in the past.

Xara Products are the 2nd Best on the Market of Graphic Utilities....They Could be the Best and One and Only if ONLY Customer Support would Answer Questions more often and Quicker. I don't understand a Company that has a product like Xara has and not give at Least 80% Customer Support. And When they do Answer a Question they are just a little Rude !! To Me that isn't good Customer Support.

Thanks for letting me Blow off Steam
    flash32
    Last edited by flash32; 14 July 2006 at 03:00 AM.

Default Re: Xtreme Move (New) Don't tell how to?

I don't think there is a direct link from with Xtreme, I think you have to have both programs open, and switch between on the desktop.
    Jim

from the New Movie I got notified of when I started up Xtreme a few hours ago it said that was the main purpuse of the movie was to show you how to Make a 3D object in Xara3d and transpose it to Xtreme and finish your art work. Really nice Feature and it did popup a small window with 4 Icons in it....it showed Xtreme and Xara3D icons with two others I have no Idea what they were....just click on the Xtreme Icon and/or the Xara3D icon and you are in that program.

I have had both programs open at the same time and did that but it took a lot more steps from what the Movie Showed how it could be done.

The movie I am referring to is on the Xara Site under the Xtreme section and it says it is NEW.

Thanks for your Reply a Heap.
    A lot better than it use to be 4 years ago for sure.
    Flash32

Indeed I think you're reffering to the Alt+Tab shortcut to switch between different applications in windows. When you use the shortcut, windows opens a tiny window in the middle of the desktop that shows you the icons for all running applications. Perhaps that's what you saw in the movie?

Question Re: Xtreme Move (New) Don't tell how to?

Thanks for your reply but it wasn't the alt+tab short cut that windows has build into it. The Window I am referring to appeared on the right side of the Movie window near the bottom.

That wasn't it but a good try anyway and I do appreicate the reply....

flash32

Hi Flash32,

I just watched the movie you are talking about and the lady narrating the movie does use the alt-tab to select Xara3D. I see the same pop-up window when I use the alt-tab to change between open programs in Windows XP.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Soquili; 14 July 2006 at 03:34 AM.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

The popup appears in the bottom right of the movie window most likely because for the movie capture, the windows used were in the upper left hand corner of the desktop, and that was the only part captured to stop the movie from being excessively large.
    This signature would be seven words long if it was six words shorter.

Talking Re: Xtreme Move (New) Don't tell how to?

Ok..I submit defeat then. Isn't the 1st time I was wrong and I am sure it won't be the last.

The Movie gave no indiction on using the Tap Shortcut to move between the two programs.

in the New Update if there will be a New Update it would be nice to have that put in. I mean just hit a CTL + ?? or ALT + ?? and it would auto load the other file from which ever you are in at the time. In Other words if you are in Xara3D then you could load Xtreme from Xara3D or the other way around also.

It just dawned on me that some people might not have Both programs. Well, for what it is worth...not having both Xara3D and Xtreme (or at least XaraX1) is like wearing your Shirt without your pants or wearing your pants without your shirt....

Thanks for the Reply...I can't believe I got answers this Quickly as of 2 years ago I had to wait 2 , 3 or more Months before I got a Reply and sometimes I Never got a Reply. I might start Visiting this forum more often with responses like this one.

Thanks Again..To Everyone....
    Flash32
    Last edited by flash32; 14 July 2006 at 03:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Odat
    The popup appears in the bottom right of the movie window most likely because for the movie capture, the windows used were in the upper left hand corner of the desktop, and that was the only part captured to stop the movie from being excessively large.
    Bingo.

Sorry for the confusion flash32. The video is unlikely to be updated but I'll see about getting a tip put on the movie page. At the very least information like this is useful for us to keep in mind when we create more videos as we do try to make them as simple and easy to understand as possible.
    I'd start a revolution, if I could get up in the morning.

Wink Re: Xtreme Move (New) Don't tell how to?

Thanks and I can't tell you how much I appreicate the Super Quick Response that I got from my Question . It may not have been that Important to some people but I am kinda of Weird where nickpicking comes in.

Have another question in another section as it don't fit in here.
    It will be in the General Chat is the only place I can think of where it
    would fit in.

Thanks Again
    Flash32