Hello.
I've just realized that I'm missing a .xar project and it may have accidently been moved to the recycle bin and deleted (I was backing up and there was a bit of shuffling of files. I still don't understand how this could've happened since I tend to be very careful, but I canNOT find my file anywhere on my computer or backup disc, so the only thing I can think of is when I was backing up and moving things around.)

Is there a way to recover deleted files? I just deleted it today and haven't done much else (work-wise) where it could have been overwritten (on the hard drive - I understand a small portion of the hard drive will still hold the files until it's overwritten).

I have a fix-it registry program, but it won't go anywhere when I try to retreive deleted files. I did find on a forum elsewhere (an old one) that someone was able to recover files via registry keys. HOW DO I DO THIS? I don't know how to use/access/change... registry keys, but would love to have some advice on how to find my file!!!

ANY help at all would be greatly appreciated. I can't believe I may have lost this work ...