Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Xara X1 100% CPU with Fonts Gallery

Hi Gerry, thanks for clarifying this! In my quickie-tests it seemed it was all fixed in Xtreme, much to my relief.

Hi Egg, yes I am still around, but I mostly only lurk here and very irregularly -- I am spending very little time in XX these days and mostly work in Photoshop and InDesign.
    K
    www.klausnordby.com/xara (big how-to article)
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/ (I was the first-ever featured artist in the Xone)
    www.graphics.com (occasional columnist, "The I of The Perceiver")

Klaus, lurkings fine. Shame you're not using XX much these days, you're a expert user.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I have this too in XXP. Sometimes the CPU stays at 95-98% for minutes, I hear my fans revving up, and as soon as I click the X to close the font gallery, the fans start slowing down. Sometimes the application just quits with the font gallery open. This has caused me to start not using the font gallery at all. Not good. But is still here.