Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Re: Flash in Internet Explorer ???

James,

Who's fault it is, is really academic. If a visitor or future client visits your site and has to double click on each and every button, the site isn't functioning as it was intended too.

I have over 30 clients web sites that now malfunction. It's not my fault. It's not my clients fault. It' probably Microsofts fault.

Should I correct each site gratis? Should I charge my clients? Should I sue Microsoft

No, I have to swallow the bullet and upgrade them all.

Anyway, here's a video tutorial on the best process.

Hope this helps. I'd be interested to know if it works as well in a mixed HTML and multiple swf site.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

Excellent video on the Activeupdate Egg!

That will save a lot of grief and hair-pulling.
    IP

Exclamation Re: Flash in Internet Explorer ???

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill
    James,

Who's fault it is, is really academic. If a visitor or future client visits your site and has to double click on each and every button, the site isn't functioning as it was intended too.

I have over 30 clients web sites that now malfunction. It's not my fault. It's not my clients fault. It' probably Microsofts fault.

Should I correct each site gratis? Should I charge my clients? Should I sue Microsoft

No, I have to swallow the bullet and upgrade them all.

Anyway, here's a video tutorial on the best process.

Hope this helps. I'd be interested to know if it works as well in a mixed HTML and multiple swf site.
    Fantastic video.

I did exactly what it says on the video.

Selected Publish >> Settings (from Property Inspector)
    From HTML tab, Template & selected Active Content Update - HTTP
    I then Clicked Publish and OK
    I then From "Commands" Menu, chose "Apply Active Content Update"
    It then opened up a dialog box & I selected the HTML file. I could then see a file name called "AC_RunActiveContent.js" within the same folder.

Now, I've uploaded all the pages back again on my wesbite & then when I run my website, either through my local host OR through the Internet using www.allinclusivewebdesign.co.uk I'm STILL facing exactly the same problems as I was having, so it seems things hasn't quite worked out the way it should've been. Still getting the pop-up message saying "click here to activate" again & again.

Can you guys there see my website WITHOUT those flash problems now on www.allinclusivewebdesign.co.uk using yours Internet Explorer. If you could then I guess, there must've been something to do with my own Internet Explorer Browser then.
    Nope, I'm NOT God .......... I'm British (which is the next best thing
    IP

Hey Thanks for the help RedWombat, Egg.... I havent tested it yet, but it's glad to know that people are aware of this problem.
    I love the videos! You inspired me greatly, especially after watching other video tutorials.

It's easier to just record yourself rather than writing the steps.
    IP

Well Egg I don't have that amount of sites to correct but I do have 7 that use mov. for navigation and I am charging each a small amount to update their sites just the same as I did when Expl. changed to SP2 and java appletts did not work in some sites.
    Design is thinking made visual.
    IP

James,

I still see the dreaded box. Look at your source code. The correct source code should have something like :

<!-- saved from url=(0013)about:internet -->
    <html lang="en">
    <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" />
    <title>ActiveContentUpdate</title>
    <script language="javascript"> AC_FL_RunContent = 0; </script>
    <script src="AC_RunActiveContent.js" language="javascript"></script>
    <script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript">
    calling for the .js file. Your source code doesn't.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 07 July 2006 at 12:05 PM.
    Egg

IP

Exclamation Re: Flash in Internet Explorer ???

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill
    I managed to get it sorted to my full satisfaction now, after spending around 3 bloody hours on it.

Although what you mentioned in your video was perfectly brilliant but sadly, since I was using many "inc" file, which was located in different folder, flash html files such as banner.html, template.html, rightcontent.html, etc couldn't interfere with the files in "inc", which it needed. Sadly, it just the way I'd my files located made rather straight forward process bit of a pain in the bum.

Anyhow, all the flash elements works fantastically well in Firefox & equally well in Internet Explorer, as well, as you can see from www.allinclusivewebdesign.co.uk

Thanks for your time, effort & help.
    Nope, I'm NOT God .......... I'm British (which is the next best thing
    IP

Nice work James
    IP

Yep James,

You got it! That works fine.

Just one question: Why does the Contact page leave the template page?
    Egg

IP