Daniel

As a result of your post, I went to the Serif site a few minutes ago and found that now they have a page about PagePlus 10, they didn't yesterday. Anyway I followed the links to the upgrade price and found that it was as you said, 49.99GBP.

I phoned 'em up and spoke to Customer Service who agreed the price. The extra 10GBP was apparently for an upgrade to DrawPlus7 which, because I use Xara, will never be used. I therefore got them to remove DrawPlus7 from my order and asked for confirmation when the order is actually processed (it won't be for a while as they are awaiting stocks of PP10).

The thing is that at the end of my conversation with them yesterday they said they'd throw in a copy of DrawPlus7 upgrade as though they were doing me a favour, an extra if you like - and I fell for it - until I saw your message and investigated further. So thanks very much for alerting me to this as this has saved me 10GBP.

Perhaps this should also be a caution to anyone else purchasing from Serif. Yes, their software (well some of it anyway) is very good but be careful and make sure you know what you are paying for. Don't get taken in as I was and I have found in the past that Serif appear keen to give the impression they are doing you a favour but they're not - you pay for what you receive.

Tracey