Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Frontpage Add-In issue

Hi,
    I have been using MenuMaker for ages with no problems, I had to reinstall Frontpage and now when I try to alter a menu it comes up with Frontpage cannot open the Xara Menu Maker add in dispatch interface, please ensure it is installed and enabled.

Also I don't get the Menu Maker addin anymore on the insert bar. I get an option to download and insert Webstyle which i am not interested in.

I have reinstalled Menu Maker heaps of times now.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated, i have emailed Xara and still awaiting a reply.

Karen

Default Re: Frontpage Add-In issue

I'm having a similar issue, I just purchased MM 1.1 and selected the Frontpage add-in option. when I launched MM and unlocked the trial version the add-in was supposed to be installed into FP. ( I use 2002). The proper buttons did not appear in my insert menu.

Further, I went to Xara to re-download the add-in. On this occasion the whole download process tookplace and near the end of installation I received a pop-up message telling me "it could not find a compatible version of software for the add-in. That's bunk, Frontpage is there and legal.

There doesn't seem to be any reliable support as several days have gone by since I wrote to the "support group." I suppose a refund might be impossible to receive.

In FrontPage there won't be any buttons installed. I don't use Menu Maker, but Webstyle the sister application.

Where you can find the Xara product is under the Insert Menu.

I've re-installed both Frontpage and Webstyle before and didn't have any problems. Perhaps it is because when I uninstalled one, I uninstalled both?

I've done this several times and not having a problem with it. It is possible that there may be a corrupted registry value.

I would think that uninstalling both applications should do the trick though.

A registry cleaner is optional, but don't want to add on another unknown process to the mix at this point.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	frontpage.jpg 
Views:	260 
Size:	11.8 KB 
ID:	27765  

I had a similiar problem some time ago where I lost my Menu Maker Add-In in FrontPage (Insert>Menu Maker). I contacted Xara support and they sent me this link to download the FrontPage Add-In. It fixed my problem.

http://xara.com/downloads/addins.asp

Zee:

The link you provided is the link I used from Zara. As I stated in my post and to Zara support, the following pop-up message was received.

"A compatible version of FrontPage could not be found. The installation failed and will terminate."

Oh Well. If support ever gets to me I suppose they will send me the same link, which won't work. My FrontPage is the 2002 edition. It's the upgrade from 2000. Maybe this is the problem, I don't know.

I do know Microsoft did some changes to their e-commerce manager that effected my MS add-on for uploading my products catalog. After their fix it no longer worked and their recommendations, including re-installing FrontPage, provided no solution.

The MS help support desk could not help. My e-commerce site has been offline 1.5 months. I switched to Yahoo stores and I'm building my site from the ground up. So much for solutions. Yahoo help has be very good.

Now for the refund. HA!:

I use Frontpage 2002. I think it might be a registry problem, but don't know.

Never had a problem with installing/uninstalling. I used the Windows uninstaller (add/remove programs.)

I doubt it's a registry problem, my computer is dedicated to my commericial site and has extreme protection. I have never had a problem with FrontPage other than my previously mentioned e-commerce manager add-on. In this case MS recommended uninstalling and reinstalling to no avail. The fact is, the issue was at Microsoft, they admitted so much at their site.

So, if MM is not picking up my Frontpage because of a compatibility issue, it must be on their end. Every interface between Yahoo and my Frontpage has worked extremely well. No conflicts whatsoever.

In the meantime, how do I receive a refund?? Is there a link or do I have to write/email for that.

I don't have the patience for what can't be delivered and lack of onsite support. Busy season doesn't make it. Their reasoning not mine. As I well know, if you sell it you should willfully support it. Period!

Well, there it is then.

Good luck with your Website.