Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hybrid View

Default Re: Blurring Photo Edges in PSP

And here's a quick retouch using the tools above. If you wish, once you have the photos in layers you can use the smudge tool with reduced opacity (say 20-30 percent on the slider bar) and get rid of any sharp edge on the individual photos.

Obviously, if one was to take greater care than I did on this photo, it could provide amazing result as if the photo were one photo, but a montage of images. Perhaps increase the Gaussian blur along the intersection where the photos meet; lighten, darken and of course soften. It's a matter of what you wish to do, experiment a bit it's quite enjoyable.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blurhorseback.jpg 
Views:	270 
Size:	20.3 KB 
ID:	26318   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blurhorseback2.jpg 
Views:	258 
Size:	20.9 KB 
ID:	26319  

Last edited by jamesmc; 03 June 2006 at 01:41 PM.
    IP

Hi again,

No I think your photo looks fine. The thing to remember with a Montage if it is balanced. Do you want a large photo in the middle and others on the side, tops and bottom? Think of a Montage as arranging flowers for a bouquet, each photo being a flower. Does more on one side look better or distributed out.

It all depends on the mood one is trying to create. If you want an action type presentation, then perhaps a larger photo to one side will do. If you want to focus on the crowning achievement, perhaps one larger photo in the middle with support events surrounding the larger photo.

A matter of tastes I would say and the message you wish to convey.

Best of luck with your website and I must say I admire Equestrians. I just never sat right in the saddle and I think the horse knew that its acceleration could ultimately win out with me staying properly seated.
    IP

thanks Jamesmc, I will try this and let you know how it works.

Do you think my montage is too amateurish looking? ( I am creating a website for a world-class equestrian) Graphics is the hardest part of web-design for me

Best Regards,
    elizabeth
    IP