Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Default Re: Blurring Photo Edges in PSP

Okay, here's how I do it. Not necessarily the only or best method, but one way of doing it.

First, the key to making a Montage of Photos or any other graphic is using layers.

Look at the first montage. After I resized the photos, I pasted them into my blank canvas by selecting "paste a new layer." This is the most important element in the method how I make a montage.

Now, look at photo montage picture 2. You will notice that the photos are re-arranged, blurred and some appear to be 'cut-outs' of the originals. This was all done with the help of Layers.

For general bluring, using the soften brush, it can help soften some edges. Below are three graphics (two of them montages) which hopefully will give you an idea of how to go about it. I didn't go into a lot of detail on how to do it, but if you have questions let me know. It's a lot of fun to make a montage!

Note: the jpg (london1.jpg) was untouched with PSP tools. The jpg (london2.jpg) was manipulated using layers, contour tool, magic wand, fill tool. The third graphic (londoninstruct.jpg) in the next posting has the instructions.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	london1.jpg 
Views:	2253 
Size:	23.9 KB 
ID:	26173   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	london2.jpg 
Views:	2239 
Size:	20.4 KB 
ID:	26174  

IP