Quote Originally Posted by gpetty View Post
I [have] just discovered, and successfully installed, the package Inkscape, which looks like it might accomplish most of what I was looking for in a drawing package.
The package Inkscape runs under the X Windows System (the GTK that we heard about earlier), and this does not suit everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by gpetty View Post
I guess one thing I never found out is whether *anyone* out there has a more or less functioning copy of Xtreme running on an Intel-based Mac?
I am fairly sure that I could create a Xara LX deliverable for Mac Intel (UB) in about half a day's work - if I had access to an Intel Mac, but it would likely still be a minefield of various Mac specific problems, so it would be 'more or less' functioning only in the most literal sense of that phrase. I really couldn't advance such a product for doing useful work, but Inkscape is used by thousands of people for diagrams, logos, icons, user interface mock-ups web page mock-ups and all forms of computer art.

I do assure you that that the Linux edition of the Xara LX is held in high regard, and we expect that it only a matter of time and continued effort before the Mac version reaches parity with it; and of course, your comments and the account of your experiences has indeed been a help and stimulus!

Thank you.

Ben.