Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Having trouble drawing this...

Hi again purifier
    That sounds a better way forward. An even better way may be to export from XaraXtreme to pdf. But that's getting into printing which I rarely dabble in. The vast majority of my graphics are for digital display.

Anyway it's 6 in the morning here, so I'm off to bed.

Goodnight.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I've attached the psd file opened in Corel...but there's no option to export it as pdf so i'm attaching a screenshot... I'm trying to edit the text VISTA ROYALE... in the image... This is a small one though...i can recreate in XARA but there are bigger files that are to be edited...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ScreenShot014.gif 
Views:	168 
Size:	43.8 KB 
ID:	25054  

Oh...its 6 in the morning? So does that mean you never slept all night.. OMG!!! Thank you and will be looking forward for your next reply, Sir...

Corel Photo Paint is a bitmap editing application. If you want to export as a PDF do it from CorelDRAW using the Edit > Save as PDF option. You can also open a Photoshop PSD document in CorelDRAW.

You can export a PDF file from Xara Xtreme. But if you are creating a TIFF file then I don't understand why you need a PDF file. But maybe since Egg has gone off to bed, and I have just gotten up, I'm a bit hazy on all this.

Gary

Hello Sir... I'm not understanding this.. I'm using CorelDraw X3...tried in both the CorelDrawX3 and Corel PHOTO Paint but couldn't find an option to export it or save it as pdf.. Wonder what I'm doing wrong... And what I was asking was, I need to custom edit some PSD files, I've attached one, but while importing, Xara gives an error, which I've included in my above post... I don't wanna use any other softwares, but i just wanted to know if editing the psd is possible using Xara...

In CorelDRAW and CorelPhotoPaint:

File > Publish to PDF

You can not open/import a PDF file directly into Xara. You may want to experiment with exporting from Adobe applications using some type of EPS format, but for less experienced folks that may be a challenge for them.

You can export basic vector objects from CorelDraw (which don't have special effects applied to them or multigradient fills or multi-gradient transparencies) as a CMX format (I use CMX 5 most to the time) and then import the CMX into Xara. You can also experiment with dragging a vector object directly from Draw into Xara.

Do read the Xara help file concerning importing to get a better idea of how importing works.
    Last edited by jclements; 17 April 2006 at 04:16 PM.

OMG.. How did I miss that out... Anyways, thank you for pointing it out... I've attached a pdf version too... And are there any extra plugins I can download for Xara? Whatever I try to export, it says, well, no plugin found...
    Attached Files Attached Files

Purifier
    There's nothing that can be done with that pdf, it just contains a single bitmap 504 x 360. Any selectable item must have been flattened on pdf export.
    What are you actually trying to do with these assorted psd & xara files?
    Egg
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Oh my...you didn't get me Sir... I'll tell you again.... I need to skin my website..and so i downlaoded a few premade skins in which the author has provided psd files so that i can change the title etc...I need to know how to edit such psd files in Xara because i don't want to use any other package...

Purifier - Xara won't handle .psd files so you just can't do what you're asking. If you want to use those .psd files you'll have to use another package somewhere along the line.