Quote Originally Posted by Charles Moir
a) During any drag press TAB, this puts it in outline mode from this point on. No more solid drag, no more solid scale, rotate and resize.
With Live Drag enabled, as you drag an object away from its original position, the original object shows with a dashed outline: this is useful for relative placement of the moved copy (which drags nicely). The delay for the dashed outline is too long though - can it be displayed immediately? With Live Drag disabled, the moving object is shown with the dashed outline with no delay, and that's why I tend to work with Live Drag disabled

b) If you want to turn off the object, group and layer caching go to the options dialog Tune-ups and switch it off. Now it reverts back to X¹ style no-cached rendering (and much slower dragging, previous zoom, etc).
I can see the differences in your demonstration but I still prefer to keep the caching turned off because when resizing objects in Xtreme, the bitmap copies displayed give a poor indication of what the object will look like if the size of the object is increased significantly. It tends to need an approximate resizing and then a second go to do it again with a bigger/higher resolution copy of the bitmap cached copy.

PS The text cursor going missing issue is known about, and will be fixed for the next release. It relates to specific cases of doing a Ctrl-X to cut lines of text to the clipboard. If instead you copy, then delete, the problem does not arise.
I'm really looking forward to the update that Xtreme shut down without warning if you cut text to the clipboard after colouring it with the eyedropper. It's that bug specifically that keeps me in X1, using Xtreme only for PDF exports. (reported to and confirmed by Neil Howe on 10/01/06)