Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

8pm on Tuesday, here in London, U.K., and the Xara site is being updated... most of the links do not work yet, so i think i just caught them in the middle of an upload! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

The new website appears to be there sometimes and not others because Xara are actually using new servers for their new website.

That means that their "old" website is online on one server, and their "new" website is online on another server.

www.xara.com will have been pointed to the new server, and all ISPs need to adopt that change before people will see the new site.

The ISP's DNS records are updated daily, usually at least once every 24-36 hours, so as these get updated at each ISP, users of those ISPs will see the new site.

The links being broken are probably to do with the route your PC takes to the xara.com site changing between you clicking on one link and the next - the first time you have the "new" server, and the second time you have the "old" server, which knows nothing about the new website, so tells you that page doesn't exist.

Probably by the end of tomorrow everyone will be able to see the new website. The new site shows more information on Xara X, plus detailed pricing, but doesn't yet offer Xara X for download our purchase - that is "coming soon".

The new website is a vast improvement on the old one though - well done Xara.

Daniel

195.224.53.71 brings me straight to a "customer administration"-page of a company "concentric". It asks me for a username and password...

Any more bids left? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

8pm on Tuesday, here in London, U.K., and the Xara site is being updated... most of the links do not work yet, so i think i just caught them in the middle of an upload! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Or for the impatient ones, someone with the updated DNS servers could post the IP address of the new server <grin>.

Dave Zubrowski
    Dave Zubrowski

what's this with everybody saying the xara site is updated (you do mean xara.com, do you?) it still looks the same to me, I can press refresh all I want....